cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 980ti has fan issues. Please help

Mattyfreak
Level 7
When I received my card, my card had a problem where one fan would start then the other one would then the first one would keep spinning where as the second one wouldn’t. This happens every 3 seconds and when I’m playing a game it seems to be fine as the fans activate to cool it down.*

Matrix platinum 980ti
Fx-8350 4.5gbz OC
970a-g43 plus
8gb ddr3

Please someone help me*
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi Matty, I believe this is due to slight min RPM tolerance between the fans. As long as the card is being kept cool I wouldn't concern yourself with it.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Hi Matty, I believe this is due to slight min RPM tolerance between the fans. As long as the card is being kept cool I wouldn't concern yourself with it.

it’s just the noise it generates

xeromist
If the noise is a concern you may need to use your GPU overclocking tool of choice to play with the fan curve. Or just overclock it. If the card is hotter the fans will keep spinning. 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
If the noise is a concern you may need to use your GPU overclocking tool of choice to play with the fan curve. Or just overclock it. If the card is hotter the fans will keep spinning. 😄

Ok cheers!