cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V E10 spare parts

gatz30
Level 7
Hi guys just to ask I don't have the SB/MOSFET heat pipe cooling solution on my ASUS R5-E10 anymore and would like to ask can you use Air Cooler or AIO without it, is it safe to use, if not do you know where I can get spare parts for the SB/MOSFET heat pipe please.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

davemon50
Level 11
How are you cooling VRM now and what happened to your heat pipe?
Davemon50

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Can you take a picture of the board? I'd be a little concerned when overclocking and depending on the CPU used.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Korth
Level 14
Not cheap, but there are third-party monoblocks (like this one) for the R5E10.

Aside from the processor (and GPU cards, etc) the only parts which require cooling would be the PCH and VRMs. Other stuff - "SB", RAM, M.2/SSD, etc - could benefit from dedicated cooling (especially if they're running overclocks or high duty cycle) but they don't strictly require it. You could always use heatsink/fans if you have enough through-chassis airflow, but you'll find things a bit tight and crowdy around the VRMs. There's no reason you can't use an AIO cooler, but finding one which fits can be problematic. Another option is TEC coolers, great at spot cooling but less efficient overall, and sub-ambient cooling can introduce other complications (like liquid condensation). And yet another option is to fab your own heatpipes/coolers, or transplant them from some other board, though it might look kinda ghetto.

Your most affordable option might be a used R5E10 mobo off eBay, you might be able to buy a "dead" board cheap and the only things on it which really need to work are the parts you intend to salvage.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

gatz30
Level 7
Hi sorry for late reply guys, I checked the mobo over and what he did was very clever, he cut the piece of pipe which connected the mosfet and the IO cover together and kept the pipe inside the mosfet so that he could use both custom water cool and air cooler, the reason I would do the same is because I am currently using the case on another system so I am using an open benchtable for now with an Noctua cooler and just waiting for watercooling parts to arrive so I like to have all options on the table.

Thanks