cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 2700x cpu temp 20c idle / 50c load - but CPU DIODE @ 90c idle /130C load

schweigert
Level 9
I cant seem to find any info on if this is OK - I'm not getting ANY throttling, system runs just fine.

Using a EK waterblock monoblock water cooler with 2 420mm rads

AMD Ryzen 2 1700x - on stock clock
Asus crosshair Hero VII wifi
64 gb ddr4 3466 ram
AMD RX 480
Microsoft 10 64
18 REPLIES 18

BlackBishop
Level 8
What hwinfo64 shows?

BlackBishop wrote:
What hwinfo64 shows?

i'm assuming its CPU socket?

looks... ok.. ::phew:: so AIDA64 is off.

schweigert wrote:

i'm assuming its CPU socket?

looks... ok.. ::phew:: so AIDA64 is off.

Yes. Before I updated my BIOS (on a Strix x470-f, Ryzen 2700x), the AIDA64 CPU Diode temp was the same as HWINFO's Tctl (so 10c over the actual). After the update, the CPU Diode reading is completely whacked. I've seen from 93c to 115c just typing this message. If I actually run a stress test, the CPU Diode reading eventually disappears completely.

schweigert
Level 9
it was AIDA 64 not having the right ... settings.. for the new ryzens... i can confirm everything is now good and my computer has not melted

Korth
Level 14
ON NCP81022 datasheet rates the part's operating temps at up to 125°C (in up to 100°C ambient) ... so 84°C isn't too worrisome anyhow.

Accuracy of temp reporting involves a very specific resistor/circuit implementation which probably varies considerably with each motherboard brand/model ... and I doubt the bench software is temp-calibrated for every motherboard it can run on.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

syldon
Level 9
Asus (or AMD I don't know which) changed the reporting from certain sensors a little while back. The only software afaik that reports correctly is HWinfo.

😄
syldon wrote:
Asus (or AMD I don't know which) changed the reporting from certain sensors a little while back. The only software afaik that reports correctly is HWinfo.

CPu temp has also been updated to refelct the new 10c offset

Changelog here
Version 1.12.1 - 20th May, 2018

- New: Support for AMD Pinnacle Ridge (Ryzen 2) and AMD Raven Ridge (APU).

- Fix: Frequency is always at maximum for early Core iX and Core 2 models.
- Fix: Recognition of some Sandy Bridge Xeon models.

https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

SaLSouL wrote:
😄

CPu temp has also been updated to refelct the new 10c offset

Changelog here
Version 1.12.1 - 20th May, 2018

- New: Support for AMD Pinnacle Ridge (Ryzen 2) and AMD Raven Ridge (APU).

- Fix: Frequency is always at maximum for early Core iX and Core 2 models.
- Fix: Recognition of some Sandy Bridge Xeon models.

https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

The reporting problem was nothing to do with the 10c offset. Programmes are just misreading by a large amount. Hwinfo change log shows some of the issues that has been flying around.

syldon wrote:
The reporting problem was nothing to do with the 10c offset. Programmes are just misreading by a large amount. Hwinfo change log shows some of the issues that has been flying around.

HWinfo is NOT the only software to report the temps correctly was my point.