cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange SPATHA lagging then battery is 30% and LED is blinking on dock.

Syberon
Level 8
For last week i twice encountered a problem with strange mouse lagging related to battery charge level. It happens then LED on dock starts to blinks to indicate the low battery level. For example, if i set to start blinking at 30% of battery level and the led start to blinking then mouse moves and react on clicks only when led turns on red for a second and stops when led turns off. So i can't continue to work despite the fact that the battery has enough charge to work yet for hour or two and have to charge it immediately.
I think this is not normal behavior - dock led blinking is only needed to inform that battery level is getting low and charging is needed soon (but not immediately). That's why I usually set it to start blinks at 30% is only to inform but it does it incorrectly and prevents continuing work.
5 REPLIES 5

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Indeed that is not normal behavior, the mouse should not lag when the battery is low. Currently, my Spatha battery is down to belew 30% (25%), my dock lighting changed from green to orange as expected, and the mouse is still working fine while the scroll wheel blinks red.

Are you saying this only happened twice? Could it be a certain software you are running which is slowing your system right down?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Indeed that is not normal behavior, the mouse should not lag when the battery is low. Currently, my Spatha battery is down to belew 30% (25%), my dock lighting changed from green to orange as expected, and the mouse is still working fine while the scroll wheel blinks red.

Are you saying this only happened twice? Could it be a certain software you are running which is slowing your system right down?

I did not tell you about mouse working with orange led on dock - with green or orange led (25+ %) it works normal. This happens only when led on dock starts to blinks red.
It happens twice for week only because after this problems appears I tried to not discharge the battery below 40%. In next few days i'll try to reproduce this by discharging mouse below 30%.
And it is not related to running software - this happens right after PC turned on (this is a moment when i found the battery drain problem when PC turned off and mouse in sleep mode, because when i previously turns off my PC mouse shows the 50% of battery), nothing slowed down the PC then this happens, CPU stays in idle and then i try to connect another mouse (Wireless Logitech Performace MX) it works smooth without any lags.

ivanbelli1982
Level 7
I also have this problem, not only when it is unloaded but also with the green light of the dock, the light goes out or flashes and the mouse jerks. also I have another fault, every 5/10 minutes the mouse seems to decrease the sensitivity for a few moments

JustinThyme
Level 13
I have a problem with this garbage no matter what. Should have returned it when I had the chance. My biggest issue is battery life is horrendously pathetic. Al lights turned off except for the base to let me know its about to die and Im lucky to make it through a single day. Fed up with it and bought a logitech MX master for most tasks about a month ago. Charged it when I got it and its still going without having to worry about it. I get it to a point of reduced battery operation IF you are running the LEDS but less than 24 hours with all that turned off and even the worst competitor getting more than 2 weeks? wassup with that ASUS?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
My biggest issue is battery life is horrendously pathetic. Al lights turned off except for the base to let me know its about to die and Im lucky to make it through a single day.

It's not related to lights - battery drains over the night even if PC is turned off and mouse is in sleep mode. But the ASUS stuff persistently from time to time write it off on the RGB-lighting (even if it turned off completly). It would be nice if the mouse worked at least 2-3 days (2-3 hour per day) on a single charge... And it could, if not discharged in sleep mode.