cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG g752vs oc not charging!!! - solved

Flukeops5
Level 7
Hi guys,
I have had my ROG G752 VC OC edition gaming laptop for about a year now, and it been great. However recently when I plug in my laptop for charging, it would stop charging and switch to batteris mode when I start palying games. Now it just won't charge at all, sometimes the it just keep swtiching between charging and batteris. I really need help I don't know if anyone else go the same problem here. Because this also happen to my previous laptop which is a G751 JY, which only lasted for 8 months.

Summary:
Battery not charging
Plugged in sometime charge but not when playing the game
Randomly switch between plugged in and battery

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

Darnassus
Status Under Review
What percentage does it drop to when playing? If 95% this is normal.

Darnassus wrote:
What percentage does it drop to when playing? If 95% this is normal.

About this, I actually took it to Asus, and they said that is wasn't about my laptop itself but in fact the adaptor. As such the adaptor was supposed to provide 19.5V but turn out to only give 17V so that why is wasn't charging. Anyway thx for your time to read this.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Flukeops5 wrote:
About this, I actually took it to Asus, and they said that is wasn't about my laptop itself but in fact the adaptor. As such the adaptor was supposed to provide 19.5V but turn out to only give 17V so that why is wasn't charging. Anyway thx for your time to read this.

You're welcome, how odd. ;d

Might stick a volt meter into mine to see the output just in case.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes a little more information is needed.
When I see not charging that leads me to believe that if you unplug it its dead.
Laptops are using lithium technology these days. They dont just sit with charge on all the time. It wil deplete a bit then charge again. Its not uncommon at all for batteries to deplete quite a bit under heavy loads.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein