cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for enhancement on AIMesh feature (guest SSID)

lmlim
Level 7
Hi Asus team,

Is there a way to propagate "guest SSID" through AIMesh network?
currently, "guest SSID" only serves on my main router. I have AC88U(main) and AC68U(mesh) at the moment, i might add 1 more later.

Thank you.
===Martin
14 REPLIES 14

Thomas74
Level 7
Please, if I knew the feature for multiple SSIDs was not working with Asus aimesh, I wouldn't have bought my three new Asus routers.

When is this feature expected to work?

I agree the guest SSID on mesh nodes feature should absolutely be added and very soon I hope. That and the remote reboot of mesh node as well. come on ASUS!! do it!

Please consider adding this feature - Like others on this thread, I would not have bought AiMesh products if I'd know that guest WiFi would not be extended around my house.

NotMyRealName wrote:
Please consider adding this feature - Like others on this thread, I would not have bought AiMesh products if I'd know that guest WiFi would not be extended around my house.

Hi

this will be supported soon in Q3

wilsondenq wrote:
Hi

I am also interested in this feature. Has there been an official announcement?

I likewise need the guest networks to be available from the AiMesh nodes. This is a core functionality of a router that is missing. My router and cable modem are at one end of the house, and my AiMesh node is toward the opposite end of the house and on the second floor, and it is upsetting to not have the guest network available site wide on the AiMesh.

wilsondenq wrote:
Hi

Is there an ETA for the support of the guest network over AIMesh?

I'm not seeing anything in the release notes for the July update for my RT-AX3000. I bought a pair of these last spring specifically to take advantage of AIMesh.

priceless_steinway wrote:
Is there an ETA for the support of the guest network over AIMesh?

I'm not seeing anything in the release notes for the July update for my RT-AX3000. I bought a pair of these last spring specifically to take advantage of AIMesh.

I am too waiting for this feature and need to know if and when it will be implemented. Currently I have to let my guests access my internal network which is not a good security practice. Please ASUS - wake up!

wilsondenq wrote:
Hi

Not seeing anything in the release notes of the most recent firmware. What is the status of the feature?