cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GL752VW Randomly shuts down on battery

Pojinko
Level 7
I noticed that my laptop started to randomly shuts down when on battery at around 80% - 85% but I think it's just after a like 10-15 minutes it doesn't really matter what % the battery level is. I timed it and after like 15 minutes it shut down at 93%.

Funny thing thing is that I noticed this like 3 days ago and about three days ago there was a windows update. Coincidence?

Anyway I checked my power plan and sometimes is the cooling policy that is set on passive when on battery that can cause overheating. Change that to active but the problem persist. I touch the bottom of my laptop to check if it is really when it shuts down like that. It's not. I checked temperatures with RealTemp and It doesn't overheat. It averages out at like 40 - 45C.

I heard that I can try to

• turn everything off
  • take battery out
  • power on with AC cable only
  • turn off again
  • plug battery in
  • give it a full a charge causing the battery to recalibrate
  • done

Slightly tiny small detail is that I don't think you can remove the battery from The GL752VW. Right?

I hope it's just the windows update that screwed up. I hope they roll out another one soon to fix this. Is there another way to fix this? I would avoid to restore back before the update because I made changes that I don't want to lose. (e.g. uninstalling unwanted software and installing new ones). (and also it doesn't even let me go back I just checked)

Edit: WHen it shuts down and try to turn it back on (on battery), the keyboard lighs up (normal first sign when turning on) but then right after if I listen carefully the laptop goes like "beep" and doesn't turn on. I never had problems with the battery before and always worked fine. It just started to do this I think after the update. If I shut down the laptop following the normal procedure (Start>Shut Down) and then try to turn back on on battery it works fine.
1 REPLY 1

StarJack
Level 11
Pojinko wrote:
I noticed that my laptop started to randomly shuts down when on battery at around 80% - 85% but I think it's just after a like 10-15 minutes it doesn't really matter what % the battery level is. I timed it and after like 15 minutes it shut down at 93%.

Funny thing thing is that I noticed this like 3 days ago and about three days ago there was a windows update. Coincidence?

Anyway I checked my power plan and sometimes is the cooling policy that is set on passive when on battery that can cause overheating. Change that to active but the problem persist. I touch the bottom of my laptop to check if it is really when it shuts down like that. It's not. I checked temperatures with RealTemp and It doesn't overheat. It averages out at like 40 - 45C.

I heard that I can try to

• turn everything off
  • take battery out
  • power on with AC cable only
  • turn off again
  • plug battery in
  • give it a full a charge causing the battery to recalibrate
  • done

Slightly tiny small detail is that I don't think you can remove the battery from The GL752VW. Right?

I hope it's just the windows update that screwed up. I hope they roll out another one soon to fix this. Is there another way to fix this? I would avoid to restore back before the update because I made changes that I don't want to lose. (e.g. uninstalling unwanted software and installing new ones). (and also it doesn't even let me go back I just checked)

Edit: WHen it shuts down and try to turn it back on (on battery), the keyboard lighs up (normal first sign when turning on) but then right after if I listen carefully the laptop goes like "beep" and doesn't turn on. I never had problems with the battery before and always worked fine. It just started to do this I think after the update. If I shut down the laptop following the normal procedure (Start>Shut Down) and then try to turn back on on battery it works fine.

Maybe try rolling back the update - go into Programs and Features and find the update by looking at dates and uninstall. Just a thought.

StarJack