cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having troubles with my ASUS Crosshair VII WiFi

michaelemcken
Level 7
Hi everyone,

So I am new to this forum, and also in the enthusiast consumer market.

So i just build my new PC, and it's running Windows 10 Pro, everything is installed and updated to lastest versions, Drivers, BIOS, and monitoring software (HWiNFO64) and it's booting without problems (YAY!) But i seem to have some problems getting everything to work together for what I actually need it for. Occasionally i have to reset BIOS, unplug power and do multiple restarts for the PC to be able to find my Ethernet and WiFi (both missing at the sa. But can this be due to memory clocked wrong? I can clock the memory to 3200 Mhz, and everything seems to be working fine, also during memtest, benchmarking and stress test of the entire system.

Also i seem to run into some throttling issues during gaming. My CPU and GPU is only at a around 5-25% Load, with temperatures being around 45-60C with Stock coolers, as i wanted to get the system up and running on stock, before tweaking (just so I have a baseline to work from)
CPU has maxed it's temperatures at around 62C during stress test with stock cooler, so i really doubt it's the temperatures keeping it back. I just can't seem to find out what the problem is, and why the PC works great during benchmarking, stress tests, but during games i get around avg. of 80 FPS in League of Legends (no matter the settings) 80-100 in CS:GO (same, no matter the quality of graphics) and i could go on, but i think you get the picture.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x
MB: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi
GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3600MHz (not on the vendor list)
SSD: Samsung Evo 960 500GB M.2

*I hope someone out there might be able to come up with an answer for me.
Thanks,
Michael
1 REPLY 1

David_McMahon
Level 7
Is the memory running enough Voltage? can you test gpu separately?