cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mad max / fury road gaming pc build

MonsterMawd
Level 12

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tribute to Mad Max & his Interceptor build log. This is one of my Bucket list theme PC builds. My mother brought me to the premiere of The Road Warrior movie and I've been fan of this world ever since. This will be a modified desktop PC with liquid cooling. Inspired by visual elements of Max's Interceptor and the Mad Max World. ...and maybe Fury Road. There shall be rust and maybe even a Detonator attached to the PC? (lol). I'll be sharing highlights of it's progression stages, including video clip links as I move along in this thread. I have a basic idea of what PC hardware components will occupy this mad max inspired PC (motherboard, CPU, DDR, GPU, SSD, PSU) The case is an Enermax Equlilence they donated to me last year. If you've followed my past personal builds, I like to find good deals on hardware whenever possible I do plan to fabricate the liquid cooling lines from 361 marine grade stainless tubing. No idea what brand of CPU & GPU water blocks, radiators and fittings I'll use yet.

The case is the Enermax Equilence I was given. It sorta looks like a Fractal Case, but without any of the well thought out features.

I apologize in advance if you're expecting me to pose a Mad Max action figure inside the case (haha). The Interceptor's V8 feels more appropriate. The scale Ford engine I'm using is by LIBERTY Classics, http://www.libertyclassics.com/

I've added motorized shaft to spin the supercharger belt, you can watch it here, https://twitter.com/Mnpctech/status/992023385818492928

I've modified the supercharger pulleys with larger plates to keep the belt from rolling off.

I will be fabricating a new engine scoop to emulate Max's Scott Injector Scoop and painting everything dark grey.
35 REPLIES 35

xeromist
I know you'll nail the shiny metal parts but now we get to see how good you are at weathering. 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Korth
Level 14
Love Mad Max. And Fallout. And, well, pretty much anything post-apocalyptic which features scavenger/marauder gangs being pointlessly violent in a desert wasteland.

This seems like a build which really wants a V8 CPU cooler.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

MonsterMawd
Level 12
Thank you for the ideas, keep them coming!

If anyone's interested, my DIY guide on using hole saw to improve airflow in a plastic PC bezel,

https://youtu.be/stysHOBOfvk

I cut this opening in the Equilence bezel with a Jigsaw.

xeromist
That hole drilling tut seems relevant right now since there seems to be a trend toward solid front panels with inadequate airflow. GamersNexus has been ranting about this for months.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I'd be tempted to wire all the fans to the accelerator when using the steering wheel, have the mini V8 vibrate and light up, and my sound system turned right up also.

Nate152
This is cool, I like the engine and the spinning supercharger belt.

Great ideas MasterC !

MonsterMawd
Level 12
Thank you guys, and It will look like max's 351 when it's finished.

Had opportunity to get back into the workshop yesterday and make some progress on my Mad Max / Road Warrior / Fury Road tribute PC build. I've decided to locate the V8 to the top panel. I'm going to mock up a 120mm slim radiator to see how it looks in front of the V8 engine and bezel. Hmm, on 2nd thought, maybe a 80mm radiator would be better scale? I still need to fabricate the proper diamond blower for the engine. The Enermax Equilence case lacks a vertical GPU mount, so I've modified the chassis for this compact ITX/MATX vertical GPU bracket, goo.gl/XGejK1 It's mounted on aluminum diamond plate, painted matte black. Here's a photo I found of the Falcon XB from the Fury Road movie before some stages I captured of my progress.

xeromist
That GPU mount is pretty cool. I will keep that in mind for future builds.