cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth on Windows 1803 (Doesnt work)

Ramalama
Level 7
Hi guys,
Can anyone check if your bluetooth is working on the rampage 6 extreme? On Windows 1803...

I have first updated the drivers with latest ones ive found on the net... Didnt helped...
Now i have reinstalled windows 1803... Didnt helped too...

The actual problem is, i can see other bluetooth devices, but i cant connect to them....

So i dont now exactly if its that qualcomm crap card or a windows problem...

(Need to check with linux... Comming)...

Cheers:-)
11 REPLIES 11

Ramalama
Level 7
Yep, exactly same on linux... Ubuntu 18.04...

Seems windows 1803 is ok...

Bluetooth is dead after 2-3 months, lol...
The wifi part of the card is working perfect...

Im going to buy an broadcom module... Dont want to send the whole board in, only for the module.... Lol... And wait 3 weeks or sth like that...

Cheers

Mitomito
Level 7
I am not the only one. Today my Bluetooth just disappeared, I think it's dead! I have refresh reinstall windows. No luck and my wifi is working but not the bluetooth.

Under device manager reads as: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Update: I just purchase AC 9260 from ebay. Let's see if this fix it.

Mitomito
Level 7
Found the solution, Windows 10 (1803) constantly sleep the Bluetooth hardware and never wakes it back up. Under driver Power Management, just uncheck the Allow to Sleep.

Ramalama
Level 7
Tryed, doesnt help here, but thanks for the tip!

mpoffo
Level 10
Unfortunately by bluetooth is not working either.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

Not working for me either on Win 10 1803. When trying to add device it doesnt found anything. Tried with my laptop with same windows version it works fine.

Ramalama
Level 7
yes, but ive tested it on linux, it seems like the QCA9008 chipset ist somehow damaged.... it doesnt work on linux too...

i will dig forther later or tomorrow and check again with debian...

Cheers

Ramalama
Level 7
Tested again with different firmware on ubuntu etc... Bluetooth is definitive brocken for me...

Going to replace with a 9260ngw from intel... Cheers.

Ramalama
Level 7
Today, bluetooth works again...
Wtf... I didnt changed anything or did anything...
I had problems with my ram and turned off/restarted "Asus Com Service"
My gskill rgb ram will be not detected, until i turnoff or restart that service above + lightning service... After that my gskill rgb ram works again... Its an asus bug like always... With windows 1803...

So im curious if this restarting of that services fixed my bluetooth again, because i did not did anything else... And i dont understand why my bluetooth works again...

Because the bluetooth didnt worked in debian too...

Now i have tested debian again... And bluetooth works too... Wtf!!!

Really, do no one have bluetooth issues, i think most users dont use bluettoth at all on a pc, but anyone can test... Because i was sure the card was dead or sth like that... But now it works again... ????

Cheers:-)