cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme - M.2 under heatsink @ 50 degrees celsius (no load)

mrosenbu
Level 7
Hey all - quick question. Does anyone have any ideas why my on-board Samsung Evo 960 1TB m.2 SSD (the one under the heatsink) on the Rampage VI Extreme would be at 50 degrees Celsius under no load? The rest of the temps for other components (Motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc.) are all at around 30 degrees Celsius (I'm using a Corsair h115i Pro for cooling the CPU).

I also have a Evo 960 1TB M.2 SSD in the DIMM.2 slot, and the temp on that is at 32 degrees Celsius, and that's without a cooling fan on top of it.

It's just the M.2 under the heatsink that's running hot. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks much.
2 REPLIES 2

Marko911
Level 8
mrosenbu wrote:
Hey all - quick question. Does anyone have any ideas why my on-board Samsung Evo 960 1TB m.2 SSD (the one under the heatsink) on the Rampage VI Extreme would be at 50 degrees Celsius under no load? The rest of the temps for other components (Motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc.) are all at around 30 degrees Celsius (I'm using a Corsair h115i Pro for cooling the CPU).

I also have a Evo 960 1TB M.2 SSD in the DIMM.2 slot, and the temp on that is at 32 degrees Celsius, and that's without a cooling fan on top of it.

It's just the M.2 under the heatsink that's running hot. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks much.

Because that plastic armor actually traps warm air...So m.2 can't dissipate heat properly.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Yeah mine runs the same gets up to 55c not much can be done really, make a EK headsink i was thinking but unsure if there is room, the drive can take up to 70c so i never really worried.