cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spring creator update dont work keyboard G702VM

Tri4C3
Level 7
After intall Spring Creator my Keyboard dont work and the drivers of them not working in this system.

please help
13 REPLIES 13

Gps3dx
Level 12
as in you can't type anything ? or is it typing another language ? or is it just that the FN+key don't work ?

what's the DEVICE ID of the keyboard ? ( look in device manager, it might be a with a yellow/red icon if it can't find drivers).

nontheless, if your keyboard worked with ANY of previous win10 releases - it should work on win10 RS4 as well ( i.e April update ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
as in you can't type anything ? or is it typing another language ? or is it just that the FN+key don't work ?

what's the DEVICE ID of the keyboard ? ( look in device manager, it might be a with a yellow/red icon if it can't find drivers).

nontheless, if your keyboard worked with ANY of previous win10 releases - it should work on win10 RS4 as well ( i.e April update ).

No keys work ... I had to enter with on-screen keyboard.

When you enter the device manager, a yellow error symbol appears on one of the keyboard devices. Specifically, the one that corresponds to the ASUS PAD driver appears in yellow.

Try to uninstall the keyboard drivers, restart and reinstall but the ASUS PAD driver when reinstalling says: This driver is not for this operating system or something similar.

Tri4C3 wrote:
No keys work ... I had to enter with on-screen keyboard.

When you enter the device manager, a yellow error symbol appears on one of the keyboard devices. Specifically, the one that corresponds to the ASUS PAD driver appears in yellow.

Try to uninstall the keyboard drivers, restart and reinstall but the ASUS PAD driver when reinstalling says: This driver is not for this operating system or something similar.

Asus pad driver is the touchpad - i.e the built-in mouse - that is NOT the keyboard driver.

on that yellow marked device - what's its DEVICE HW ID ? ( under properties -> advanced tab ).
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
Asus pad driver is the touchpad - i.e the built-in mouse - that is NOT the keyboard driver.

on that yellow marked device - what's its DEVICE HW ID ? ( under properties -> advanced tab ).

I understand but I installed a generic HID driver and the keyboard was defrosted but the touchpad still does not work.

Tri4C3
Level 7
ASUS NUMBER PAD is the original drivers and the id hardware is HID_Device_System_Keyboard

Gps3dx
Level 12
OK - As I suspected - its MS crappy upgrade...read HERE about it.
get KB4090913 update from windows update or install it manually from MS catalog ( here for x64 )

after KB4090913 installed -> reboot !

Then if anything is missing, i.e drivers - just install them again, from the same source you got them earlier.
for most items its simply picking the device, right click -> update driver then choose "search automatically from the internet..".

For touchpad driver, ATK ( i.e FN+key combos ) etc... goto ASUS official support page -> download section -> get the driver for each component -> install.
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

Tri4C3
Level 7
My system is 1803 (spring Creator), not 1709 (fall Creator), not compatible whit my system... 😞

Tri4C3 wrote:
My system is 1803 (spring Creator), not 1709 (fall Creator), not compatible whit my system... 😞

bahhh... my bad you're right.
anyway IMHO it was caused by MS upgrade to 1803... question is there any KB to fix it...

Found HERE that you're not alone.
solution HERE ?
HERE - mentioned a Asus keyboard fix - under JU last reply
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

Gps3dx wrote:
bahhh... my bad you're right.
anyway IMHO it was caused by MS upgrade to 1803... question is there any KB to fix it...

Found HERE that you're not alone.
solution HERE ?
HERE - mentioned a Asus keyboard fix - under JU last reply

Off Point here but reading the two links, I just wanted to remind everyone that updates can be blocked. You have to download the Show/Hide tool Then you can hide the update to prevent it from running
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro