Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by michaelemcken View Post
    The 4 pin might be unnecessary, but it solved my problems with the weird acting ethernet controller. Why? I have no clue. I didn't do the 24 Pin until this morning, but that solved a whole lot of other things. Ram is finnally acting as i should, boot times are for some reason shortned, fans, rgb etc is now booting every single time i start the PC.

I will try and remove the 4 Pin, after a couple of days of stable system, to see if this just helped out, while the 24 Pin was loose.
    Nice. Please do test removing the 4 pin later and report back. Curious.

ROG Member Array michaelemcken PC Specs
    michaelemcken PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Vii Hero WiFi
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X

Update:
    No changes, i still have the Ethernet problem, it just didn't happen for a couple of tryes.

ROG Enthusiast Array schweigert PC Specs
    schweigert PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair Hero VII Wifi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2 1700x
    Graphics Card #1AMD RX 480

The 4 pin might be unnecessary, but it solved my problems with the weird acting ethernet controller. Why? I have no clue. I didn't do the 24 Pin until this morning, but that solved a whole lot of other things. Ram is finnally acting as i should, boot times are for some reason shortned, fans, rgb etc is now booting every single time i start the PC.

I will try and remove the 4 Pin, after a couple of days of stable system, to see if this just helped out, while the 24 Pin was loose.
    wait - so you have both the 8 pin AND a 4 pin plugged in top left? I thought they said NOT to do that?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by schweigert View Post
    wait - so you have both the 8 pin AND a 4 pin plugged in top left? I thought they said NOT to do that?
    As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with plugging both in; it's just totally unnecessary since the 8 pin alone will supply more than enough power for the CPU.

ROG Member Array

in the manual it says you can plug both 8 & 4 pin, or just the 8 pin. only using 4 pin is what you're not supposed to do,per manual.

schweigert PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by WilVidz View Post
    in the manual it says you can plug both 8 & 4 pin, or just the 8 pin. only using 4 pin is what you're not supposed to do,per manual.
    got it - My power supply (Antec 900W) doesn't have an extra 4 pin :/ sounds like it might be the fix

michaelemcken PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X

Update: The ethernet controller is still acting up. It was just a coincidence that it didn't after I connected the 4 pin. I will probably have to contact ASUS again.....

ROG Junior Member Array balalahmad PC Specs
    balalahmad PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Latitude E7440
    MotherboardCH7 WIFI
    Processor2700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080 FTW2
    MonitorBENQ GW2765
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB MZ-V6E500BW
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseFractal Design Meshify C - Dark TG FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TG Black
    Power SupplySeasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-850FX
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G602
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I have mine running with 8+4 pin and still had wifi issues. However after doing my reset that one time, the wifi has been stable, with no more wifi drops. So no idea where it stands now.

michaelemcken PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X

Quote Originally Posted by balalahmad View Post
    I have mine running with 8+4 pin and still had wifi issues. However after doing my reset that one time, the wifi has been stable, with no more wifi drops. So no idea where it stands now.
    The problem for me is that it is both WiFi and Ethernet controller, that dissapears entirely until the MB has been restarted (unplug power to PSU)
    The problem also seems to persist using both 4+8 and just the 8 pin. I have made an RMA with the shop where i bought it, hopefully i get a fully working board next time.

schweigert PC Specs

The problem for me is that it is both WiFi and Ethernet controller, that dissapears entirely until the MB has been restarted (unplug power to PSU)
    The problem also seems to persist using both 4+8 and just the 8 pin. I have made an RMA with the shop where i bought it, hopefully i get a fully working board next time.
    yup - this is now documented by at least 5 different people. I brought it to ASUS's attention 3 weeks ago - they said they'd never heard of it.

I'm on my THIRD board -(this time went non wifi) - and i still have this issue after a restart

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast