QuadJunky PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair 7 Hero Wifi
    ProcessorRyzen 2700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-16GTZR x2
    Graphics Card #11080 Ti
    CaseEnthoo Evolv TG
    Power SupplyAx860i

Quote Originally Posted by cg49me View Post
    I only see 0702 as the latest available on the website...

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/
    that is the non wifi version .... https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/

ROG Member Array QuadJunky PC Specs
    QuadJunky PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 2700x
    Graphics Card #11080 Ti
    CaseEnthoo Evolv TG
    Power SupplyAx860i

Quote Originally Posted by michaelemcken View Post
    Yes i do remember you saying it was the PSU. But at that point, i just could not believe that a power supply would cause these issues, as it was working perfectly well in other setups.

Which then leads me to think, that i still believe it is and ASUS board problem. But again, it could also be a revision problem with the AX860i if they did some internal changes or something inside the powersupply.

But hey, i switched down to a RM650i, and also had extra money for sleeved cables and everything is working.

So now the setup just looks really awesome inside my H700i.
    I thought the same thing for 3 weeks while I beat my face against the desk
    Grats on the sleeved cable s etc.. unfortunately I am stuck with my ax860i until the issue is resolved somehow or I build a new rig and can go back to using it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by QuadJunky View Post
    Did anyone try the new BIOS? In my system, the NVMe SDD has disappeared from the "SATA CONFIGURATION" tab, still present in "BOOT" tab and perfectly functional... I didn't reset with the back button or reloaded default settings as I found them reloades after the flash.

Baio

Quote Originally Posted by QuadJunky View Post
    I have the non-wifi board.

...*but*, they just posted 0804 for non-wifi, so I'll give it a shot this weekend.

*edit*

Had some free time tonight, so I flashed up... The problem seems to be resolved!!

I *do* still have fast boot disabled, so for anyone on 0804 still having this issue, give that a shot.
    Last edited by cg49me; 07-26-2018 at 12:16 AM.

ROG Member Array QuadJunky PC Specs
    QuadJunky PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 2700x
    Graphics Card #11080 Ti
    CaseEnthoo Evolv TG
    Power SupplyAx860i

Quote Originally Posted by michaelemcken View Post
    Yes i do remember you saying it was the PSU. But at that point, i just could not believe that a power supply would cause these issues, as it was working perfectly well in other setups.

Which then leads me to think, that i still believe it is and ASUS board problem. But again, it could also be a revision problem with the AX860i if they did some internal changes or something inside the powersupply.

But hey, i switched down to a RM650i, and also had extra money for sleeved cables and everything is working.

So now the setup just looks really awesome inside my H700i.

So I had my rig apart this past week end to remove some HDD and replace with ssds and I thought why not install the 860i that corsair sent back to me. first day zero issues, next morning first boot lost the wifi/bluetooth.... second booth fine all day. Today first boot no wifi or bluetooth again. complete shutdown reboot and it fixed.

It is definitely the ax860i the TX850m I had install has had zero issues for the past 2-3 months.

@elmor when the issues happen the board will boot with even an a network card install in an pcie slot. It boots with 2 out 3 xhci that are found in the usb menu. Can this be looked at it is kinda of sad that a high end psu does not work properly on this mother board. I can go back to to my tx series this weekend but just think of the number of RMA boards you guys have likely gotten over this.

ROG Member Array Rufinoman PC Specs
    Rufinoman PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600X
    Memory (part number)32Gb CMK16GX4M2A2400C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RX580 OC 8Gb
    MonitorSamsung C27F591
    Storage #1WDS500G2B0B
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 Evo 250Gb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i RGB Platinum
    CaseCoolermaster Storm Trooper
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x, Full Modular
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
    Mouse AFX LM0218
    Headset Corsair HS40
    Mouse Pad Razer
    Headset/Speakers Corsair HS40
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

I'm glad I read this interesting thread as I've just ordered this motherboard along with a Corsair RM 850X and I'm hoping I don't get this problem. I was going to get the 850i version, but didn't consider the extra cost worth the money really.
    I sincerely hope this problem has been fixed.

New ROGer Array

Glad it isn't just me, i also have a crosshair 7 wifi, 2700x, and a corsair 860i PSU. I thought my system was unstable from something I had done. But nothing I did fixed it, updated drivers, bios, moved the aerial. Nothing. What works for me is change a setting in bios, then save it, change it back, and network should be fine... but this **** needs sorting. This is no way to live, constantly troubleshooting.

New ROGer Array

Hi there,

I see that this problem has been around for quite awhile. I just built myself a new PC last month and been having this issue. Asus just replied to RMA the board (I even pointed them to this thread). Vendor said they will need to test it out to replicate the problem first before giving me a refund. If it's really the power supply then that what chances are that the vendor would not be able to replicate the problem and hence be sending me back the board in the end. I'm lost with solutions on what I could do to fix this without having weeks of downtime...

Option 1:
    RMA to Asus (Disassemble the whole system again and it'l take weeks as there's no ASUS service centre in QLD, Australia) ==> Asus sends me another board ==> I assemble it, same power supply same problem? ==> wasted effort and time?

Option 2:
    Send to Vendor to get a refund as they RMA to Asus ==> Vendor can't replicate problem due to it being needing it to match with the power supply? ==> vendor then send me back the same board..

Any suggestions? How can a problem not be solved after almost 1 year or even acknowledge by ASUS?

My Specs:
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wifi)
    Ryzen 2600
    GSkills 16 GB (8x2) 3200 Mhz Cas 14 DDR4
    ROG Vega 56 O8C Gaming
    Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2
    Corsair AX860i
    Last edited by chris2019; 01-23-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6