cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade the processor in this thing, G752VL-BHI7N32?

adrian2055
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I currently own an ASUS G752VL-BHI7N32 laptop. I'm interested in upgrading this machine If I can. I know I can upgrade the RAM and install a blu-ray drive, but I have no clue about the processor. It currently has a Core i7-6700 HQ Processor in it. Can the processor in this laptop be upgraded and If it can what are my options?
3 REPLIES 3

Inkar
Level 7
adrian2055 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I currently own an ASUS G752VL-BHI7N32 laptop. I'm interested in upgrading this machine If I can. I know I can upgrade the RAM and install a blu-ray drive, but I have no clue about the processor. It currently has a Core i7-6700 HQ Processor in it. Can the processor in this laptop be upgraded and If it can what are my options?

TL;DR: No.

Intel i7-6700HQ uses a BGA socket, which means the chip is soldered to the motherboard. You can't pull the processor out of the socket and replace it as you would do with a desktop processor with an LGA socket.

Inkar wrote:
TL;DR: No.

Intel i7-6700HQ uses a BGA socket, which means the chip is soldered to the motherboard. You can't pull the processor out of the socket and replace it as you would do with a desktop processor with an LGA socket.

iAw man that stinks! Oh well. Thanks for the info

Darnassus
Status Under Review
All you can upgrade is RAM, HDD, SSD (NVMe), CD Drive, WIFI?

GPU and CPU are integrated / soldered onto the mainboard. Could desolder the CPU? But soldering on a new one would probably be incompatible. ;d