cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor RMA received back with new physical damage and display issues.

playerschu
Level 7
I posted a thread in general discussion about my recent experience with my RMA and was directed to post here.

The monitor in question is an ASUS PG279Q IPS Panel 165Hz G-Sync display.

Two days ago, I received my RMA back from the ASUS service center after contacting them about bright pixels. Mind you, this is my second time sending this monitor in. Upon receiving it back, the display did not turn on, even though the power light indicator was on, and the bottom left corner of the bezel was cracked and the bottom right was bent, like the screen was forced into it.

I contacted support requesting an advanced RMA this time since this issue kept propping up and now there's new physical damage from repair, but I was again told like I have been each time for the past 2 years I contacted support due to issues that the PG279Q model is "not in stock". So now, it's on its way to the service center yet again to hopefully get the screen to actually boot up, and I have no idea if they will repair the physical damage they caused to the bezel, which may affect my warranty in the future.

I paid good money for this monitor and took pride in keeping it well taken care of, and now there's physical damage on the bottom of the monitor that I did not cause and the display doesn't turn on.

Support has been helpful in issuing RMAs, but I feel like since there has been issues with the monitor cropping up within the 2 years I have owned it, and now physical damage negatively affecting its cosmetic appeal, a brand new PG279Q monitor would have been a better solution to this fiasco.

I'm posting this in hopefully getting in contact with an ASUS HQ representative since support has been unhelpful in the discussion to see if there's any way for a replacement PG279Q to be sent to me and having the service center keep my old one, but if that is not possible, I feel it is a good idea to have someone higher up at ASUS to be aware of the terrible RMA service I received, for I sent them a well-taken cared of monitor with pixel defects and no physical damage, and got it back physically damaged with a display that never turns on.

To say the least, I am extremely disappointed with how this turned out, and as a fan of ROG, it's heartbreaking that I may have to look elsewhere for my PC peripherals in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
5 REPLIES 5

playerschu
Level 7
This regards a PG279q.

To add to my RMA nightmare, I just got an email from ASUS saying that customer action needs to be taken due to CID/OOW.
Except, the reason why I even needed another RMA issued was because when it was sent back to me the monitor had new physical damage on the bezel and wouldn't turn on, far more broken than when I sent it in for pixel issues just a week before.

I sent the monitor back to them with another RMA the same day that I received the "repair" back, how could I have possible damaged the unit and been issued another RMA that quickly where I told them that there was physical damage so they told me to send it back to them? Now they want to charge me for the damage that they caused. This is unacceptable. It is the equivalent of someone coming into my house, smashing my monitor, and then asking me to pay them for it.

I'm losing all faith in ASUS, I would have been a ROG fan for a long time, but if they won't fix a new issue that they caused, it's time to look elsewhere.

I thought I was being efficient taking it out of the box, testing the monitor, then putting it right back in and sending it back because it didn't work, but now I have to deal with all of this, while I've been without a monitor for over 2 weeks. I feel like I'm being scammed, this is not the behavior I would expect from a company that pretends to care about its customers.

Today, I woke up to ASUS sending me an invoice to repair the damage they caused to my monitor either in repair or with bad packaging that totaled almost $600. Of course, I disputed the invoice, but it's been over 12 hours and I have heard nothing back, despite support telling me they'll have someone look at it.

My deadline to act is May 25th, this lack of communication via support and on the thread are making me wonder if you guys even care that you are screwing over a customer.

Thank you ASUS for destroying my monitor and trying to make me pay for it. I hope this will be resolved the right way, but I'm quickly losing hope.

The best outcome I could have hoped for happened about 15 minutes ago. I called customer support and they reviewed my case and said that they will be repairing the monitor at their cost. Now I just have to wait for email confirmation, and my faith in this company will be on its way to restoration.

Thank you ASUS customer support rep, I don't know if I should name you here, but you did a fantastic job.

Bill
Level 7
Hello playerschu;
I'm glad that it turned out for the best.
Please keep us updated on your monitor, thank you for using Asus and have a nice day

I've had my laptop device turned over my local asus service center because I was worried that I might damage my device If I had tried to open it and clean it from dust that had accumulated overtime. I also had them check out my system as I have encountered the BSOD (blue screen of death). I just got my device back and it works perfectly fine but with the cost of scratches and little dents from the repair. Now I am worried if they had damaged some of the hardware inside my device. I'm still deciding if I should bring this back to the shop or just let go of the issue and prevent any more possible damages they could do to my device