cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751GY Audio Enhancement disabled

ylair
Level 7
I have been having this issue for a while now, where the Rog AudioMaxx Audio enhancement is disabled. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers. This used to work for a short period, wherein, instead of being disabled, it said Audio Device is configured to 8 channels, please configure to stereo mode. However, upon the immediate reinstall of the drivers, I was able to change the enhancement option briefly before it grayed out and displayed the channel message above. Recently though, I cannot even get to that point as any uninstall and reinstall, results in AudioMaxx remaining greyed out and no enhancements available. Any help would be appreciated as it makes a big difference to the sound.
13 REPLIES 13

Gps3dx
Level 12
ylair wrote:
I have been having this issue for a while now, where the Rog AudioMaxx Audio enhancement is disabled. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers. This used to work for a short period, wherein, instead of being disabled, it said Audio Device is configured to 8 channels, please configure to stereo mode. However, upon the immediate reinstall of the drivers, I was able to change the enhancement option briefly before it grayed out and displayed the channel message above. Recently though, I cannot even get to that point as any uninstall and reinstall, results in AudioMaxx remaining greyed out and no enhancements available. Any help would be appreciated as it makes a big difference to the sound.

AudioMaxx works only for stereo output.
if you disable any output to external speakers ( analog or digital ) then enable the built-in speakers,
AudioMaxx should work.
It might be possible to work on external output as well - BUT IT MUST BE CONFIGURED AS STEREO.

you can change any audio device by going into control panel -> sound -> playback devices tab -> choose any ANALOG device ( internal/external ) and right click -> configure speakers -> set as STEREO ( i.e 2 channel ) -> then goto
AudioMaxx and see if it works.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
if you disable any output to external speakers ( analog or digital ) then enable the built-in speakers,
AudioMaxx should work.
It might be possible to work on external output as well - BUT IT MUST BE CONFIGURED AS STEREO.

you can change any audio device by going into control panel -> sound -> playback devices tab -> choose any ANALOG device ( internal/external ) and right click -> configure speakers -> set as STEREO ( i.e 2 channel ) -> then goto

Sorry, I did not mention, but my system is configured to stereo and it still used to show the channel message. Right now, Im not even getting a channel error, it simply says disabled in audiomaxx.

Gps3dx wrote:
AudioMaxx should work.

This helped. Selecting an effect and then removing for both digital output and speakers, seems to have resetaudiomaxx back to the original error "Audiomaxx supports stereo output only, the system is currently configured for 8 channels". Although in this mode the different audio presets such as action are greyed out, I am able to click the settings toggle in the upper right and toggle maxxvolume, maxxaudio, as well as change treble, base, and customize the levels. It displays the box as greyed out, but I can still click these functions and adjust them. In addition, the immediate mode box, is checked and no longer greyed out in the properties for the speakers. Therefore even if I cannot select any of the presets for audiomaxx, I can use the custom tool to boost the audio.

As you mentioned this was directly tied to a game as well. I play Battlerite and they released a patch which coincided with the disabling of audio. Strangely enough this impacted the games performance with extreme graphic lag. Menu, character and effects delays of 2 seconds. After resetting the sound effects in Realtek Audio Manager, not only has it resolved the primary audio issue but Battlerite is now running smoothly again.

Any ideas on how to resolve the 8 channel versus stereo error though? My system is configured to stereo. Also, would you be able to tell me what custom settings get selected when you select action mode in audiomaxx so even if I cannot select the preset, I can match it with the custom functionality through the settings toggle. Thank you.

Sanctrum
Level 9
Notice: I have Polish Windows and drivers so some terms might be called differently than my translation.

I have the same issue from time to time. Audio drivers get "misconfigured" by some games by DISABLING inside Speakers Properties / tab Enhancements the checkbox called "Immediate Mode" that is needed for AudioMaxx to be working.. If OK, it should be checked and NOT grayed out... Some games spoil it by making it greyed out even if checked so not possible to activate it again... I used to reinstall Realtek drivers to fix the problem since nothing else helped... but recently it worked the following way, without any reinstall:

1st. AudioMaxx is working ONLY for stereo. So go to Realtek HD Audio Manager (can be found at tray or at Control panel) and switch to stereo.

2nd. Make sure that default playback device are Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio... so NOT Realtek Digital Output.

3rd. Go again to Realtek HD Audio Manager - select "Speakers" icon on the top (not Digital Output) and go to tab “sound effects”. Activate some effect like “bathroom”, then select “” at the dropdown list to disable the effect, and then press “Reset” button next to the dropdown list.

4th. Do the same but at “Digital Output” icon at the top.

AudioMaxx should be fixed now and "immediate mode" fixed.

If not… go to services.msc, find service “Windows Audio”, stop it and start again…
Repeat steps 1 – 4.
Reboot laptop.
And check again AudioMaxx.

Hope it helps!

Sanctrum wrote:
Notice: I have Polish Windows and drivers so some terms might be called differently than my translation.

I have the same issue from time to time. Audio drivers get "misconfigured" by some games by DISABLING inside Speakers Properties / tab Enhancements the checkbox called "Immediate Mode" that is needed for AudioMaxx to be working.. If OK, it should be checked and NOT grayed out... Some games spoil it by making it greyed out even if checked so not possible to activate it again... I used to reinstall Realtek drivers to fix the problem since nothing else helped... but recently it worked the following way, without any reinstall:

1st. AudioMaxx is working ONLY for stereo. So go to Realtek HD Audio Manager (can be found at tray or at Control panel) and switch to stereo.

2nd. Make sure that default playback device are Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio... so NOT Realtek Digital Output.

3rd. Go again to Realtek HD Audio Manager - select "Speakers" icon on the top (not Digital Output) and go to tab “sound effects”. Activate some effect like “bathroom”, then select “” at the dropdown list to disable the effect, and then press “Reset” button next to the dropdown list.

4th. Do the same but at “Digital Output” icon at the top.

AudioMaxx should be fixed now and "immediate mode" fixed.

If not… go to services.msc, find service “Windows Audio”, stop it and start again…
Repeat steps 1 – 4.
Reboot laptop.
And check again AudioMaxx.

Hope it helps!

This helped. Selecting an effect and then removing for both digital output and speakers, seems to have resetaudiomaxx back to the original error "Audiomaxx supports stereo output only, the system is currently configured for 8 channels". Although in this mode the different audio presets such as action are greyed out, I am able to click the settings toggle in the upper right and toggle maxxvolume, maxxaudio, as well as change treble, base, and customize the levels. It displays the box as greyed out, but I can still click these functions and adjust them. In addition, the immediate mode box, is checked and no longer greyed out in the properties for the speakers. Therefore even if I cannot select any of the presets for audiomaxx, I can use the custom tool to boost the audio.

As you mentioned this was directly tied to a game as well. I play Battlerite and they released a patch which coincided with the disabling of audio. Strangely enough this impacted the games performance with extreme graphic lag. Menu, character and effects delays of 2 seconds. After resetting the sound effects in Realtek Audio Manager, not only has it resolved the primary audio issue but Battlerite is now running smoothly again.

Any ideas on how to resolve the 8 channel versus stereo error though? My system is configured to stereo. Also, would you be able to tell me what custom settings get selected when you select action mode in audiomaxx so even if I cannot select the preset, I can match it with the custom functionality through the settings toggle. Thank you.

Sanctrum
Level 9
Maybe you have some addtional audio drivers installed? Like Razer Synapse (Razer Surround Audio controller) to simulate 7.1 channels over stereo headphones?

Are you 100% sure your default audio device is set to "Speakers - Realtek High definitione Audio" and that those drivers are set to stereo?

If you have Razer Synapse... then it also can "spoil" AudioMaxx in two ways: A. It is set as default driver BUT it is configured to 7.1 channels, B. Some games are IMPACTING Razer Synapse configuration switching "Selected Audio Interface" from the proper one "Speakers - Realtek High definitione Audio" into NOT proper "Realtek Digital Output".

It would really hepl if you would post some screenshots of your audio devices config (playback devices - not recording devices).

Sanctrum wrote:
Maybe you have some addtional audio drivers installed? Like Razer Synapse (Razer Surround Audio controller) to simulate 7.1 channels over stereo headphones?

Are you 100% sure your default audio device is set to "Speakers - Realtek High definitione Audio" and that those drivers are set to stereo?

If you have Razer Synapse... then it also can "spoil" AudioMaxx in two ways: A. It is set as default driver BUT it is configured to 7.1 channels, B. Some games are IMPACTING Razer Synapse configuration switching "Selected Audio Interface" from the proper one "Speakers - Realtek High definitione Audio" into NOT proper "Realtek Digital Output".

It would really hepl if you would post some screenshots of your audio devices config (playback devices - not recording devices).

Screenshots attached.

ylair wrote:
Screenshots attached.

you've got a "usb audio" device in the playback devices list.
DISABLE it, or simply DISCONNECT that external USB audio device.
then see what audio max status is.

IMHO, you should expect audiomaxx to work ONLY WHEN THE INTENRNAL SPEAKERS are the ONLY ENABLED AUDIO DEVICE ( so disable the rest ) and the intenal speakers configured as STEREO.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
you've got a "usb audio" device in the playback devices list.
DISABLE it, or simply DISCONNECT that external USB audio device.
then see what audio max status is.

IMHO, you should expect audiomaxx to work ONLY WHEN THE INTENRNAL SPEAKERS are the ONLY ENABLED AUDIO DEVICE ( so disable the rest ) and the intenal speakers configured as STEREO.

I disabled it, the rest are already disabled or disconnected but are just shown. No change.