Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

in short, @Sanctrum is right - disabling any other audio device ( maybe beside NVIDIA's HDMI audio - no harm there ) then removing realtek audio and installing it again is the right move.

doing so, uninstalling->reboot->installing reset the registry with the special values found not only but also under "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\"
    these set of values control how the system audio is transfer into "special post-effect" apps like maxaudio, realtek EQ, Creative soundblaster etc..etc..

even after a serie of uninstalling->reboot->installing realtek drivers - the other devices might reinstall their own drivers, overwriting that area in the registry - thus creating that issue you suffer from.

so - my advise is same as @Sanctrum but a bit more drastic:

1. UNINSTALL all audio devices from control panel regular uninstall
    2. enter device manager and check if any other device left ( that has special driver that YOU HAVE INSTALLED ) - uninstall that device + its drivers ( enable/check that V mark when uninstall popup rises - to "also uninstall driver").
    3. DISCONNECT ANY EXTERNAL AUDIO DEVICES ( like that USB device ):
    4. RUN THE FOLLOWING REG AND BAT I ATTACH: cleaning_audio_devices_leftovers.zip
      ( NOTE: TO RUN THE BAT OPEN CMD WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES THEN RUN THAT BAT FROM WITHIN THAT CMD WINDOW - that way you can actually see if it works )
    5. REBOOT
    6. let the OS install its own drivers, so open device manager and WAIT TILL IT IS NOT RELOADING SO FAST ( i.e that the list is still/not jumping ).
      ( you might need to be connected to internet for this to work ).
    7. then install REALTEK AUDIO drivers - but ONLY THIS ( its source should be from Asus's support site ).
    8. reboot might be necessary at this point, depending on your OS ( 7 yes, 8.1 maybe, 10 not really just restart audio service - or simply reboot ).
    9. open control panel -> playback devices-> right click on the realtek internal speaker device -> "speaker configuration" and MAKE SURE IT'S on STEREO -> next -> next -> OK.
    10. NOW open MaxAudio and see if that helped.

Please REPORT BACK status.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Just short update... Problems described by OP and also experienced by me are due to extreme lack of RAM resources while playing modern RAM demanding games, e.g.: SW battlefront 2, etc.

My G751JY had only 8GB RAM. So I have invested and bought extra 8GB chip to have 16GB RAM in dual channel (still on Win8.1). Since I was tired fixing it all the time after I played those games.
    And after that, there are no more problems with audio drivers and their mixed-up settings.
    Also it fixed VERY long game loading times at SW battlefront 2 and constant lags during the game (due to heavy HDD I/Os) - so it was very good move and I am playing on Ultra now without any lags...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

P.S. Also I need to warn NOT to install at G751JY Realtek drivers proposed by Windows Update (Win 8.1): Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Media - 4/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8117.
    Since they are spoiling G751JY built-in subwoofer speaker... so MaxxAudio has audible effect ONLY if you plug-in some headset but not if using built-in speakers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2