cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVME in Raid

kahless
Level 7
Hi,

I have an Z370 Maximus X Code with an 8700K.

Is it possible to populate both NVME spots and have it in Raid 0 while having two GPU's in SLI and 4 x SSD drives?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
Was everything OK before you delidded? If so you may have damaged a small component or maybe some TIM shorting a component

kahless
Level 7
Hi,

Looks like you might have accidentally replied to the wrong post.

Menthol
Level 14
That I did

As per listing m.2 consumed x4 pci-e . If dual gpu then its x8, x8 and i believe we should be having 24 pcie lanes from board and 8 from cpu total of 32 . is x16 or x8, x8 x4

Let your SSD scream at speeds of up to 32Gbps

Dual PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slots provide NVMe SSD RAID support for an incredible performance boost. Create a RAID configuration with up to three PCIe 3.0 storage devices via two M.2 slots and a PCIe x16 slot to enjoy the world's fastest data-transfer speeds.

DirtyMacho
Level 7
I believe basically the board support 1 x nvme only and 1x ssd.nvme so it should not be a problem,

Plus its like consuming the sata ports . Which means you cant get full bandwidth at all. Still give it a try.

Say each m.2 port will share 2x of sata connector bandwidth . So you will be sharing 2x pair of sata ports bandwidth.

What is your need for Raid 0 nvme. As the speed of 1x is already top speed on avg one can get 2gb + read and 1+ gb write. Yeah doing raid-0 will almost double it.

Are you trying to max the primary storage by this means.