cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Drop ~5000pts after Win10 1803 Update

LuckyMatt
Level 7
Maximus VI Hero/BIOS 1603, 4770k, 16GB TridentX 2400 10-12-12-31 CR1

Just ran 3 times following my usual procedures, after the 1803 update I'm averaging a roughly 5000 point drop from previous runs last weekend.

Only other change I've done is increase memory voltage a bit (1.665 to 1.700) to try and stabilize tighter timings, but never worked so set everything back to way it was at 1.665, timings as above.

Anyone else experiencing similar?

(Edit...forgot to actually ask my question)
8 REPLIES 8

HeavyHemi
Level 8
LuckyMatt wrote:
Maximus VI Hero/BIOS 1603, 4770k, 16GB TridentX 2400 10-12-12-31 CR1

Just ran 3 times following my usual procedures, after the 1803 update I'm averaging a roughly 5000 point drop from previous runs last weekend.

Only other change I've done is increase memory voltage a bit (1.665 to 1.700) to try and stabilize tighter timings, but never worked so set everything back to way it was at 1.665, timings as above.

Anyone else experiencing similar?

(Edit...forgot to actually ask my question)

Score drop on what?

Rob_W_
Level 12
I’m on M8E and since win 10 April update have had a similar score drop ( more), I have also had to reinstall several apps and am at present re installing some of the drivers.
This patch ( win 10) has a bucket load of junk with it,, that I need to get rid of!
I think that’s the problem.*

I assume you are referring to realbench?

Rob W. wrote:
I’m on M8E and since win 10 April update have had a similar score drop ( more), I have also had to reinstall several apps and am at present re installing some of the drivers.
This patch ( win 10) has a bucket load of junk with it,, that I need to get rid of!
I think that’s the problem.*

I assume you are referring to realbench?

Realbench, correct. Sorry.

Wiwells
Level 7
did you happen to update to the newest version of realbench, I had a similar drop in score but thought it was the new version but I also switched my boot drive to a nvme drive so I wasn't sure what I screwed up

Wiwells wrote:
did you happen to update to the newest version of realbench, I had a similar drop in score but thought it was the new version but I also switched my boot drive to a nvme drive so I wasn't sure what I screwed up

I'll double check on realbench version, but I've done some further testing on this issue - deleted and reinstalled graphics drivers, nothing seems to work. After going back through my history, I was averaging about 106000 (4770k, average of a dozen or more runs, range 104k-107k), now I'm lucky if I can get to 98,000 (94k-97k avg over 10 runs).

It may be that the haswell platform has been more impacted from the spectre/meltdown patches, but that's just a guess.

Tonari
Level 7
Hi LuckyMatt,
For me and my friend, we also have a BIG performance issue on realbench with this last spring update.
I run a 7700k @ 4.8ghz with 16Go RAM and a ssd 850 EVO and gtx 1070, here are my results :

Before the update, on 1709 my results are : (on realbench 2.56)
Image Editing: 115140
Encoding: 86504
OpenCL: 95940
Heavy Multitasking: 98615

And after the update, now on 1803 :
Image Editing: 113003
Encoding: 58646
OpenCL: 96473
Heavy Multitasking: 67017

As you can see, everything is almost the same, but the “Encoding” part is reaaaally bad now !
I tried to clean install again my nvidia driver but this is still the same. (anyway i always do a clean install)

My friend did a windows rollback to 1709 and now his results are back to normal. So the problem is this update.
Regards.

Rob_W_
Level 12
I found after the spring update reinstalling graphics Driver and me Driver improved the situation,*

Tonari
Level 7
Hi, no big changes for me after updating my MB and GPU drivers.