cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha Wireless Stutter [Resolved]

Dukah
Level 7
Ahoy! I'm having some issues with my ROG Spatha when using it on Wireless and I was wondering if there's either something I can use to help diagnose the issue properly or some suggestions?

The problem is, when I'm on wireless, I'll very occasionally get "black spots" on my mouse pad, literally like 1-2mm squared where my mouse will stutter past it.
It's mostly related to where my wireless receiver is positioned, so I figure it's just a signal strength issue, but it still seems to happen even when my receiver is sitting right next to my mouse pad.
If the mouse is plugged in, there's no problem. So it's not an issue with my mouse pad/surface (Razer Vespula, also tested with another cloth mat just to confirm)

It comes and goes, moving the receiver will sometimes fix it, but then it'll just happen in a different spot. Sometimes it happens all over the mouse pad randomly.

Basically, it makes the mouse unusable for pro level gaming 😞

I've been trying to gather data on how to replicate it or demonstrate the issue but it's such a tiny little stutter that it doesn't look like anything in a video.

So, is there any tools that'll help me to diagnose the issue?
Is there a tool that'll show me my signal strength to the mouse?

Running Dock Firmware: 1.32
Mouse firmware: 1.69
Software Version: 2.05.01

Thanks 🙂

Ducky
5 REPLIES 5

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you tried calibrating the surface and adjusting the lift-off distance?

Whoops. Forgot to reply!

Yep, done this. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the wireless, but I don't have the tools to test it properly 😞

If I'm plugged in, I don't have any issues at all, but I'm getting wireless glitches when the mouse is literally 10-20cm away from the receiver. It's not even all that often, but when it comes to getting off a good flick shot, and the tracking falls short, it sucks 😞

Thoughts?

Dustin

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you have both the Spatha and dock connected sometimes? It was not designed that way, it should be either or. The profiles may have been corrupted if so, try reverting profile settings to defaults, save, then try again.

If necessary, revert to an older version of Armoury and revert to defaults, verify, then update to the latest.
Armoury 1.02.26
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Spatha/ROG_Armoury_v10226.zip?_ga=2.254620680.1038...

Dukah
Level 7
Thanks MasterC. I've reset it all to defaults and reloaded all my settings. It actually went fine all last night.
I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days then get back to you. 🙂

Thanks!

Dustin

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
That's great, glad you got that sorted.