cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Mic after windows update [Resolved]

bobbagels
Level 7
hello hello,
I am using the original rampage V extreme board.

I got the latest windows update last night to version 1803.
everything went well except for my microphone.
its a Blue Yeti Usb Mic. It has always worked fine. It shows up in the control panel and sound properties . if I physically disconnect it ,it disappears and reappears when I reconnect it.
Its getting power , its lit up.
For some reason it just wont produce any sound.
Im not sure what to do

I notice under "jack information " in properties it says 'no jack information available"
I dont know if thats normal or not.

Also in event viewer I see
"device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match"

This is new for me, Ive never seen that before and I could use some help.

Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

bobbagels
Level 7
Well, THX anyway, I figured it out.
Seems when windows 10 updated it changed some of my settings, such as not allowing the Mic under App permissions.
It also enabled fast boot again.
And a few other things which I changed back .

Sommers9
Level 7
Thank you very much!
Under privacy - security, microphone access - "allow apps to use microphone" - and then restarting the laptop worked!

It was driving me crazy since multiple microphones wouldn't work and I had checked all known settings (in win7), they added this option that made any attempt to use a mic fail!

Sommers9 wrote:
Thank you very much!
Under privacy - security, microphone access - "allow apps to use microphone" - and then restarting the laptop worked!

It was driving me crazy since multiple microphones wouldn't work and I had checked all known settings (in win7), they added this option that made any attempt to use a mic fail!

Why would there be a security option for that in the first place? It should work by default and if you want it disabled, you THEN have to mess about finding ways to disable it.

Why would anyone at Microsoft think that that's a good idea? "I see you've just bought a new car..... sorry, you actually want to DRIVE it? Oh dear - no - we'll let you work that one out yourself, by default it's not meant to be driven" 😛