ROG Enthusiast Array

Asus rampage vi no sound !

Hello all. I have a sound problem. I have the Tiamat 7.1 headset that plugs into the sound card in the back. The green speaker out is not working. All the others work during the test, but when I comes to the L and R speaker test, I hear silence. At first I thought it was the headset. So I tried another. Same thing. Then I thought maybe it was the rear port, so I plugged it into the front green audio port, still silence. With both headsets. Both work fine on my laptop. I have the newest bios, and I downloaded the newest t Realtek driviers. Then I thought maybe widows got messed up I some way. So I fresh installed Windows from the disk. Still nothing. Any ideas what could be wrong? I have the skidoo course selected as main in series and enabled. Every other speaker works but the green audio out. Please help if anyone has any ideas ?

ROG Member Array

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a 5.1 speaker setup but the exact same thing happens. Although it is intermittent. Sometimes my front speaker output works when I turn the system on and sometimes it doesn't. I've tried re-installing drivers, software, tried using my friend's Tiamat 7.1 headset and had the same results. Asus tech support didn't really troubleshoot it much with me past the really basic stuff and I am super reluctant to RMA just yet as I do a lot of my job on the system using the MOBO.

The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried yet is re-installing windows. I strongly believe it's a software issue, not yet convinced it's the board itself.

Anyone else?

ROG Member Array

The only other thing I can think of that I'm considering at this point is a dedicated sound card.

ROG Member Array

So I updated to BIOS 1401, no change in the issue. A new sound card (Asus SOAR) will be arriving this week so hopefully I can start narrowing down the problem. Anyone else? Anybody?

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

I use the optical out and an external DAC.

ROG Member Array

Does the external DAC convert the optical to 5.1?

I tried a sound card and it's working fine through that but some of the features in the audio software aren't enabled unless the ports on the back are in use.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Marko911 PC Specs
    Marko911 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage extreme VI
    Processori9 7900x @4,7Ghz cores at from 7x1,20v-3x1,21v
    Memory (part number)G.skill 32GB 3200MHZ CL14 DDR4 quad kit
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti extreme edition @2032Mhz/12000Mhz
    MonitorAsus something IPS,144Hz ,Freesync
    Storage #1m.2 Samsung EVO 960 1TB
    Storage #2m.2 Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB monoblock
    CaseThermaltake view 71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard rappo wireless keyboard and mouse
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS win 10 pro/64bit
    Accessory #1 HL GTS 360mm/push only
    Accessory #2 HL SR2 360mm push/pull
    Accessory #3 HL SR2 420mm push/pull

Quote Originally Posted by Ulterior View Post
    So I updated to BIOS 1401, no change in the issue. A new sound card (Asus SOAR) will be arriving this week so hopefully I can start narrowing down the problem. Anyone else? Anybody?
    Hi!I have similar problem with my rear green port,it outputs sound only on the right side ...but when I wiggle out a bit the 3,5mm connector it gives sound on both sides,but at lower volume...Don't know what to do...I'm getting really angry with the thought of buying a new sound card on top of this over priced piece of.....

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Marko911 View Post
    Hi!I have similar problem with my rear green port,it outputs sound only on the right side ...but when I wiggle out a bit the 3,5mm connector it gives sound on both sides,but at lower volume...Don't know what to do...I'm getting really angry with the thought of buying a new sound card on top of this over priced piece of.....

I know how you feel... any sort of defect in a motherboard of this quality should be a fluke, not common across multiple people.

At this point RMA'ing it would cost me too much in down time. Although I have a feeling from what I've read everywhere it's not hardware related, but I don't have much evidence to back that up. Hoping a new bios or a windows build or driver update will fix this.

ROG Member Array

Updated to bios 1503, still not fixed. Anyone else had any luck?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

in the software settings for the supreme fx look for something called, "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices" and "Make front and back rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously"
    check it on
    not sure if the second matters but the first does in my experience