cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rampage vi no sound !

dandan112988
Level 7
Hello all. I have a sound problem. I have the Tiamat 7.1 headset that plugs into the sound card in the back. The green speaker out is not working. All the others work during the test, but when I comes to the L and R speaker test, I hear silence. At first I thought it was the headset. So I tried another. Same thing. Then I thought maybe it was the rear port, so I plugged it into the front green audio port, still silence. With both headsets. Both work fine on my laptop. I have the newest bios, and I downloaded the newest t Realtek driviers. Then I thought maybe widows got messed up I some way. So I fresh installed Windows from the disk. Still nothing. Any ideas what could be wrong? I have the skidoo course selected as main in series and enabled. Every other speaker works but the green audio out. Please help if anyone has any ideas ?
9 REPLIES 9

Ulterior
Level 7
I'm having the exact same problem. I have a 5.1 speaker setup but the exact same thing happens. Although it is intermittent. Sometimes my front speaker output works when I turn the system on and sometimes it doesn't. I've tried re-installing drivers, software, tried using my friend's Tiamat 7.1 headset and had the same results. Asus tech support didn't really troubleshoot it much with me past the really basic stuff and I am super reluctant to RMA just yet as I do a lot of my job on the system using the MOBO.

The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried yet is re-installing windows. I strongly believe it's a software issue, not yet convinced it's the board itself.

Anyone else?

Ulterior
Level 7
The only other thing I can think of that I'm considering at this point is a dedicated sound card.

Ulterior
Level 7
So I updated to BIOS 1401, no change in the issue. A new sound card (Asus SOAR) will be arriving this week so hopefully I can start narrowing down the problem. Anyone else? Anybody?

Ulterior wrote:
So I updated to BIOS 1401, no change in the issue. A new sound card (Asus SOAR) will be arriving this week so hopefully I can start narrowing down the problem. Anyone else? Anybody?

Hi!I have similar problem with my rear green port,it outputs sound only on the right side ...but when I wiggle out a bit the 3,5mm connector it gives sound on both sides,but at lower volume...Don't know what to do...I'm getting really angry with the thought of buying a new sound card on top of this over priced piece of.....

Marko911 wrote:
Hi!I have similar problem with my rear green port,it outputs sound only on the right side ...but when I wiggle out a bit the 3,5mm connector it gives sound on both sides,but at lower volume...Don't know what to do...I'm getting really angry with the thought of buying a new sound card on top of this over priced piece of.....

I know how you feel... any sort of defect in a motherboard of this quality should be a fluke, not common across multiple people.

At this point RMA'ing it would cost me too much in down time. Although I have a feeling from what I've read everywhere it's not hardware related, but I don't have much evidence to back that up. Hoping a new bios or a windows build or driver update will fix this.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I use the optical out and an external DAC.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Ulterior
Level 7
Does the external DAC convert the optical to 5.1?

I tried a sound card and it's working fine through that but some of the features in the audio software aren't enabled unless the ports on the back are in use.

Ulterior
Level 7
Updated to bios 1503, still not fixed. Anyone else had any luck?

in the software settings for the supreme fx look for something called, "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices" and "Make front and back rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously"
check it on
not sure if the second matters but the first does in my experience