cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BSOD] Crash only on first power up for the day

takitoes
Level 7
Hey there,

I've been having problems with this for a few months and gradually trying to figure out what it going wrong, but im at a loss now.

Any time I leave my PC off for an extended period (usually overnight) around 2 minutes after first boot I get a BSOD and forced restart. Once the system resumes, it seems to run perfectly. I have stress tested it both with and without my OC on the CPU and GPU and can never get it to crash after the initial boot and first BSOD.

Things i have tried that resulted in the same problem:
- Remove OC from CPU and GPU
- Remove Creative soundcard and drivers
- Disable Intel Wifi / Bluetooth m.2 card in BIOS (haven't physically remove because it requires removing I/O shield.
- Complete fresh Win 10 install
- Multiple fresh Nvidia driver installs (uninstall, boot to safe, run DDU, reinstall latest version).

I have uploaded the latest minidump file, unfortunately my expertise doesnt make any sense of the dumps and bsod tools windows provides.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdy_mQb5Q8-8ayy8ZP3fR4Tx3PsQHX3Q/view?usp=sharing

Any help / ideas? Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

mcleod52
Level 8
Does this happen only when you shutdown Windows/OS or when the system hibernates or goes to sleep?

Stew

mcleod52 wrote:
Does this happen only when you shutdown Windows/OS or when the system hibernates or goes to sleep?

Stew

Doesn't seem to be a problem resuming from sleep, I don't use hibernate.

I posted on another forum and they pointed towards a problem with the Xbox 360 driver failing a I/o request or something like that if the computer shuts down with the controller connected.

Seems odd...