cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA SYNC Independet Settings

CZPhang
Level 7
Hello, I got Asus gtx 1080, X299-e, Trident Z and RGB LED Strips.

I want to use music mode for addressable LED strips only, but the ASUS Aura Sync doesn't have an option for me to do that.
AURA Sync forced to sync Mobo + LED Strips

I remember that is a independent tabs available in older Asus Aura Sync, but i forget what version is it.
I wonder any option or tricks or patch available for me to setting up each led effect in aura sync independently?
11 REPLIES 11

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

The motherboard and leds strips are not managed in common, there are two different tabs :

Note : I use the 1.06.17 version

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

The motherboard and leds strips are not managed in common, there are two different tabs :

Mine don't have that option.

I've 2 MB's (Asus Crosshair VI Hero and Asus Maximus IX Formula), and both installed with led strips on "RGB_Header", and on Aura Software (same version as yours), don't show that "Strip" option u've on your printscreen.

I've already post that question before, because I saw some users with that option, and on my both computers, is missing that "strip" icon on Aura software.

Can you please tell me what strip (brand and model) are you using?!

For this option, is only possible if using led strips connected to "ADD_Header" on MB?!

I think both my MB's described above, don't have this "Add_Header" connection....... 😞

MFalorca wrote:

I've 2 MB's (Asus Crosshair VI Hero and Asus Maximus IX Formula), and both installed with led strips, and on Aura Software (same version as yours), don't show that "Strip" option u've on your printscreen.

I've already post that question before, because I saw some users with that option, and on my both computers, is missing that "strip" icon on Aura software.

I think the difference between your 2 motherboards (Crosshair VI Hero & Maximus IX Formula) and mine (Strix Z370-F) is that mine manages the RGB via 3 connectors, like yours, but that these 3 connectors are different: 1 x addressable RGB connector (ADD_HEADER) and 2 x standard RGB connector (RGB_HEADER1/RGB_HEADER2), while your motherboards have only 2 x standard RGB connectors.

So what I'm getting at is that what is plugged into the standard RGB connector(s) is apparently managed via the motherboard without the ability to manage them independently (no dedicated tab), however what is connected on the addressable RGB connector can be managed independently of the motherboard (dedicated tab).

And so, to answer your question, what is plugged into my addressable RGB connector ADD_HEADER (so the tab "ADD STRIP" on AURA Sync) is the addressable RGB of the facade of my case BitFenix Enso

CZPhang wrote:
Hello, I got Asus gtx 1080, X299-e, Trident Z and RGB LED Strips.

I want to use music mode for addressable LED strips only, but the ASUS Aura Sync doesn't have an option for me to do that.
AURA Sync forced to sync Mobo + LED Strips

I remember that is a independent tabs available in older Asus Aura Sync, but i forget what version is it.
I wonder any option or tricks or patch available for me to setting up each led effect in aura sync independently?

CZPhang,

According to the explanations given to MFalorca, you should check that your LED strips are addressable and not standard, check that they are well connected to the connector ADD_HEADER of your motherboard (you have this connector on your Strix X299- E)

MoKiChU wrote:
I think the difference between your 2 motherboards (Crosshair VI Hero & Maximus IX Formula) and mine (Strix Z370-F) is that mine manages the RGB via 3 connectors, like yours, but that these 3 connectors are different: 1 x addressable RGB connector (ADD_HEADER) and 2 x standard RGB connector (RGB_HEADER1/RGB_HEADER2), while your motherboards have only 2 x standard RGB connectors.

So what I'm getting at is that what is plugged into the standard RGB connector(s) is apparently managed via the motherboard without the ability to manage them independently (no dedicated tab), however what is connected on the addressable RGB connector can be managed independently of the motherboard (dedicated tab).

And so, to answer your question, what is plugged into my addressable RGB connector ADD_HEADER (so the tab "ADD STRIP" on AURA Sync) is the addressable RGB of the facade of my case BitFenix Enso

MoKiChU, You confirmed what I was waiting for...

That "ADD STRIP" option you have on AURA, it's because your motherboard have "ADD_HEADER" connection, and the led strip is connected to that header! 😉

Thank you.

MFalorca wrote:

I've 2 MB's (Asus Crosshair VI Hero and Asus Maximus IX Formula), and both installed with led strips on "RGB_Header", and on Aura Software (same version as yours), don't show that "Strip" option u've on your printscreen.

For this option, is only possible if using led strips connected to "ADD_Header" on MB?!

I think both my MB's described above, don't have this "Add_Header" connection....... 😞

Hello there,

I have never had the "add strip" option show up on the top of the window. I originally thought that I would need to have a shorter WS2812B strip (I got one with 30 LEDs) to get this to show.. Nope, I've now tried a total of three different strips. I'm using the cable that came with the motherboard (4-1 = 3pin). Should this be showing up as an option whether I have a strip connected or not? My build is as follows. I very much appreciate any help y'all can provide!

• ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming (latest Bios 1301)
• Intel 7920X
• G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 32GB@3200MHz
• ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-Gaming
• NZXT Kraken X62 (Just recently added the software after Aura seemed to be working - newest version)
• Corsair 6xLL140 fans and 4x LED Strips – all connected to Lighting Node Pro (Just recently added the software after Aura seemed to be working - newest version)
• Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2
• Other assorted drives but no additional RGBs.

Thanks,
Ron

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Perhaps I'm not understanding the UI correctly, but for me (on 1.06.17 as well), with an addressable RGB strip installed, I get the same "Add Strip" section near the top of Aura Sync, but it's not a separate tab for managing anything -- clicking on it in any way just toggles the link icon below it. *Is it possible to actually get the addressable RGB strip to use a different pattern than the rest of the lighting controlled under the "Motherboard" section, instead of just turn it off entirely? *Thanks 🙂

yoyo_yoyo
Level 7
Wish the UI changed... needs more customisation options too.

Abaidor
Level 9
I can't control anything independently either.

If I click on any of the icons I just get a link/unlink function (prompt for yes/no). I only have the SyncAll option down below.

I have a Rampage VI Extreme mobo. No way to set any independent options.

Yet, the addressable leds of the mobo do not work as addressable if I link everything but just cycle colors all together. If I set everything at an "unlinked" state and press the refresh icon on the top right corner then everything syncs and works at the rainbow gradient mode.

What a mess - corsair iCue is a lot better.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Sorry, I did not express myself, it is not possible to manage the effects independently for each AURA Sync device, but it is possible to manage the colors independently for each AURA Sync device by disabling synchronization via the button synchronization below each AURA Sync device.

Abaidor wrote:
... press the refresh icon on the top right corner ...
This is not a "Refresh" button but a "Reset" button.

Currently, only AURA Sync devices that are managed by ROG Armory (and that are out of sync on AURA Sync) may have different effects/colors than what is configured on AURA Sync, because for these devices, the AURA management can be done on ROG Armory.