cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY high temps using Extreme

Spirery1
Level 7
Wondering what temps people get mines the 6820hk and on extreme the cpu goes nuts looks like its thermal throttling on any bench mark get more points on standard then extreme tombraider getting 65+on ultra on standard extreme 80-90c+ but its just the cpu going mad gpu is fine same with finalfanstay online extreme makes cpu mad and thats with fans on 100% as it just came back from its 3rd rma dont want to send it back for a 4th without trying everthing i can any advice would be greatfull.
17 REPLIES 17

JustinThyme
Level 13
A little more info.
Ambient temps?

Clean?

Surface you are using it on?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Spirery1
Level 7
idle 39-40 on both its on a rog mat just came back from 3rd rma its on a desk in are bed room vapor chamber should keep it cool its just extreme temp goes up they replaced mobo lcd both fans and the cpu module alls updated bio's too

Spirery1 wrote:
idle 39-40 on both its on a rog mat just came back from 3rd rma its on a desk in are bed room vapor chamber should keep it cool its just extreme temp goes up they replaced mobo lcd both fans and the cpu module alls updated bio's too

Sounds like a mating issue with the heatpipes on the CPU side. Either that or dust. If it just came back from an RMA, I would bet its a bad paste job on the CPU which is unfortunate. That or I would check to make sure the fan they replaced is working as it should. Can you verify air is getting out the back on the CPU side alright and possibly look at the RPMs to make sure they are where they should be.

It everything checks out, its gotta be a CPU mating issue with the pipes. 90 is pretty high for a 17inch ROG chassis.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Spirery1
Level 7
Installled fanspeed GPU 3900 CPU 1386 so thats the problem i always game on ultra with fans on full just for gaming so looks like its 4th RMA in 10 months replace or money back only sent it back second time as it came back faulty All i want is a working gaming laptop well use i know why the temps going nuts on extreme thxs again for the help phone asus in the morning AGAIN!!!!!!!

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Not sure if this can help and if you are have these versions already, but make sure you are using the latest ROG gaming center version 1.08 as well as the turbo gear update 1.03 (which may not be necessary depending on your model and ROG gaming center version?).

If you are having any problems finding the downloads, you may want to check the U.S. G752VY download site below if necessary.
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/

There were some issues with this on the G752 models a while back as below and it's probably not very likely you are running the older software versions, but wanted to make sure.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88932-Asus-G752VS-Turbo-gear-update-for-Overheat-Issue

Check the bios version you are running as well.

Spirery1
Level 7
Using both albert the cpu fan goes to full with just opening firefox then off its low rpm on full CPU 1390 max to 3900 GPU fan but all is upto date but thanks for the help.

Spirery1
Level 7
whats everyones RPMs? on full cpu and gpu my cpu is 1407rpm and gpu 3900rpms with fans on 100%

JustinThyme
Level 13
You may be expecting more than the machine can deliver. Dial back your settings from Ultra.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Gpu is fine never goes over 72 on tombraider most of the time is 65-66 but cpu is 71-78 but extreme 90-100 but as i said u can feel the cpu fan not coping blasts out of the gpu on 100% fans but cpu hardly