cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost the Cineplayer on G53SW after update.

Hoplite01
Level 7
I tried to update te program today in order to play a new BD movie. After the update I lost the program totally. ANyone else who tried this?
13 REPLIES 13

dstrakele
Level 14
If you use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before your failed update attempt, it may reappear.

Alternatively, If it still appears in the "Control Panel - Uninstall a program" list, can you right-click on it and choose "Repair" from the popup menu?

As a last resort, you can download it from the ASUS website, where it goes by the name of "SonicDVD".
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

PILGRIM
Level 11
Have you tried repairing or re-installing CinePlayer?

I'm using CinePlayer and its working well. So I haven't found the need to update it yet.

EDIT: Okay, I'm now downloading CinePlayer's "critical update - Jan 2012".
Will see what happens after the update.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM
Level 11
@Hoplite01:

So, I downloaded (used the "save" option) the "critical update" through CinePlayer's Software Manager.
Then installed the downloaded update to Drive C, the same path where the "old" Roxio files are.

REBOOTED.

Now, the CinePlayer's version is updated from 5.8.0 to 5.8.A06.
Now, to test: Played a 3D movie, good. Played a regular bluray movie, also good.

Thanks for mentioning about the update.
But I also hope you'll find this "installation tip" the answer to your problem..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Ok I restored right after I lost it so I got the program back. Then it wouldn't start so I repaired the installation and suddenly it is updated. Now it says that this version can't play bluray discs. And also if someone could give me a download link because the one on the asus website does not work (tried yesterday)

PILGRIM
Level 11
To download from ASUS, scroll up to this ROG site, point your mouse to Products, click Notebooks.
Then scroll down, select and click the G74 picture, click download, select Windows OS, scroll down
and select "others", then download Sonic DVD Suite. That's the CinePlayer.

You should be able to download now because I'm test-downloading it at the moment.:)

Another option is to look for the Sonic DVD Suite in the ASUS Driver CD that came with your laptop.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

I can't download it from there. the link won't work. I'm not home currently thats why I can't access the cd at the moment.

PILGRIM
Level 11
Hmm.. but I was able to download the CinePlayer just a while ago (just to test it).
I used the "China" download button and it worked, as there are 4 download buttons
to choose from (Global DLM, Global, China, and P2P).
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Hoplite01
Level 7
Ok im using the china one now.... it will take ages.

PILGRIM
Level 11
Ha ha.. Well, at least it's downloading. It took me about 15 minutes to download it, a while ago..

China and Taiwan are still on holiday until this week, so the ASUS websites, including this Forum,
are experiencing 'technical difficulties" due to the majority of their manpower being on vacation..
ASUS G74SX-3DE