cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant pass BIOS, system restore fails.

Ted1991
Level 7
So here is the deal. I have had many problems with this motherboard in the past 3, 4 years. Everytime it was something different. Yesterday i got off work and i found my pc on (while i put it in sleep mode) . Nothing was showing up on the monitor so i restarted. And thats it. I cant get it to boot and i have tried everything. I dont know what is the problem. I tried different gpu nothing, i tried different pci lane nothing, i tried every possible combination with the ram and nothing, reattached ALL the cables and then put them back again still nothing. I updated to the new beta bios (3901) still nothing so i installed the old one again (3801). So frustrating. I am getting everytime different codes on the Q code led. I got so far B1, 96, 79, AD. Yesterday it wouldnt boot at all, even not in BIOS (stuck at 79 with a black screen) until i cleared cmos and i finally got my self in the bios. But thats the best i could get. If i turn on the pc now it goes on the "Press F2 to enter bios" and then it starts automatic repair but without success. I get the rog logo with the preparing automatic repair under for like 2 seconds and it restarts it self and the same thing goes on and on. Auto repair restart auto repair restart for like a million times and then it stops with a black screen, a 79 and the vga led on the motherboard is turned (on both side, next to the 24pin cable and above where you can switch off the pci lanes. It lights on the 4th). I bought a 7900x and i was thinking of upgrading to the Rampage VI but now i am not really sure if i want a Asus motherboard again specially a Rampage one... I cant format anything as well since it doesnt let me go pass the bios. Please help.
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
I've come back to your thread several times to see if I can come up with an idea for you, because this sounds exasperating. The only thought I have for you is that perhaps you got a power surge during your absence and it caused an issue on your board. But it could also be the power supply that got nailed and maybe you aren't getting enough power to your board now. Have you happened to try swapping for a different PSU, if you have one available to you?

FYI I've had great success with the RVE and the RVE10 and wouldn't hesitate to go to R6E if I were rebuilding.

EDIT: I meant to write the R4E and the RVE10.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I've come back to your thread several times to see if I can come up with an idea for you, because this sounds exasperating. The only thought I have for you is that perhaps you got a power surge during your absence and it caused an issue on your board. But it could also be the power supply that got nailed and maybe you aren't getting enough power to your board now. Have you happened to try swapping for a different PSU, if you have one available to you?

FYI I've had great success with the RVE and the RVE10 and wouldn't hesitate to go to R6E if I were rebuilding.

No i havent swapped the power supply yet neither the cpu. I asked my wife the time i saw the pc if we had any electrical issues while i was gone but no. I guess if the cpu was the problem i couldnt get in the bios at all. Am heading over to a friend later today to change the psu and see if something changes. I'll let the thread know after i make the swap. And thanks for your interest. 🙂

Updating my post. After a long time i managed to get my pc running again. I swapped the power supply and the problem was still there and then i swapped the cpu with another 5930k that i found and still nothing. I went to a guy that he owns a shop and he told me that this was very weird, but yet he thought it was the cpu because something was screwing up the lanes. He was kind enough to open a new 6800k and swap it with mine and the pc was functioning normal. We dont know why the previous cpu did that but in the end i eventually bought that cpu came home and enjoying my pc once again. It seems that i am going after the R6 afterall. So glad this is over 🙂