cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703 and Wave 2 Wi-Fi, Not getting 1.7GBps

The_Lust
Level 7
I recently got a GL703GS-DS74 (Asus Strix SCAR Edition) It was advertised to be able to get 1.7GBps over wifi, but the maximum I'm getting over 5ghz is 866.7Mbps. Anyone know how to get more bandwidth/faster performance out of the wifi card? I checked out the device manager and it uses the Intel 9560 wifi card. I have the latest drivers.
7 REPLIES 7

davemon50
Level 11
Make sure your wireless adapter is set to MAX performance in Windows power options. What software (or website) are you using to test it?
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Make sure your wireless adapter is set to MAX performance in Windows power options. What software (or website) are you using to test it?

Power Settings already have the wifi Adapater at Maximum performance on both Battery and Plugged In. I checked the speed using Windows Network and Sharing.

A Pic of my wifi status just to show what I mean

chevell65
Level 12
These connection speeds have a lot to do with the router's capabilities, signal strength, available band width or if anyone else is using the channels you are using. WiFi analyzer can help to determine which channels to use and who else is using them.

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Irony, i have the same peoblem with Asus GT-AC5300 super gaming router.
They never worked, contacted asus and they told me the router for marketting gimmick only. It doesn't work.

NETGEAR R9000 Worked for me. 1.73GBps stable 24/7 . Sorry to say, faster and stable and more secure than any asus router.

So i did a mild experiment and took the USB Wifi dongle from my Desktop and popped it into my notebook. As you can see it reaches the faster speed, this was with no configuration changes at all. What i don't get is why the notebook card isn't able to even hit this mark, let alone 1.7Gbps.

mmohamed2
Level 8
i hope i have 20mbps internet speed