cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No POST or BIOS

aSentOne
Level 7
This is a new build. Second day trying to get it to work.

Build:
ASUS Z270-AR 1151 ATX
Corsair 64 GB 16x4 D4 2666
Corsair Crystal 260X RGB ATX
Zotac GTX1080Ti FE 11GB

Tower lights up, RGB fans light up, fans spin, video card lights up, no memory LED on the motherboard, power LED lights up and RGB keyboard lights up. No POST beeps or BIOS on screen. Looking for advice?

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

davemon50
Level 11
Seat and reseat those RAM sticks multiple times. Also try just one stick in testing, and double-triple check you've got the right slots. That RAM on the QV list ?
Davemon50

Thanks for the info. I appreciate all the help.

Memory Corsair 64GB 16x4 D4 2666mhz are compatible with the Asus Z270-AR motherboard 1151 ATX.

Reseated memory one stick twice in correct DIMM A2 slot and no POST or BIOS on screen. Used all four sticks for all four DIMM slots. Same result.

RGB keyboard still lights up, RGB fans both light up and spin, tower lights up, video card lights up, no memory LED and power LED lights up.

Also turned on tower without DIMMS/RAM no post.

Any other suggestions?

LeChat
Level 8
aSentOne wrote:
This is a new build. Second day trying to get it to work.

Build:
ASUS Z270-AR 1151 ATX
Corsair 64 GB 16x4 D4 2666
Corsair Crystal 260X RGB ATX
Zotac GTX1080Ti FE 11GB

Tower lights up, RGB fans light up, fans spin, video card lights up, no memory LED on the motherboard, power LED lights up and RGB keyboard lights up. No POST beeps or BIOS on screen. Looking for advice?

Thanks in advance.

Could try connect your monitor to the onboard GPU on your processor (If it has any).

Cheers!

K

LeChat, thanks.

Have connected the monitor both to the graphics card then to the motherboard hdmi. Same result.

Any other suggestions on what to check or troubleshoot?

LeChat
Level 8
- Maybe try removing the GPU, then reboot using the onboard HDMI.
- Try to press the MemOK button the motherboard untill the DRAM_LED starts blinking.
- Try to reseat your CPU.

Cheers!

L

NemesisChild
Level 12
Disconnect all drives and all USB peripherals, then try to post.

You may have a short, have you tried posting with the board outside of your case?

Make & model of your PSU?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Thanks for the help, davemon50, LeChat and NemesisChild I found the issue.

Turned out I didn't connect the CPU 8 pin cable from the PSU to the motherboard. I thought it wasn't going to be used since there was nothing clearly labelled CPU power on the board. The board had an 8 pin cable connection labelled EATX1 that explains in the booklet ATX Power Connection. Was confused because it didn't say anything about CPU power. Connect CPU 8 pin from PSU to motherboard and BIOS. Appreciate all the help.

aSentOne wrote:

Turned out I didn't connect the CPU 8 pin cable from the PSU to the motherboard. I thought it wasn't going to be used since there was nothing clearly labelled CPU power on the board. The board had an 8 pin cable connection labelled EATX1 that explains in the booklet ATX Power Connection. Was confused because it didn't say anything about CPU power. Connect CPU 8 pin from PSU to motherboard and BIOS. Appreciate all the help.

The simple things in life, glad you got it sorted out.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

aSentOne wrote:

Yep, basic connection. 🙂 Sometimes we go for the complicated solutions first. Glad you have it working now.
Davemon50