cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL753VD keyboard not working

kiawizard
Level 8
Dear all,

I've bought a new ASUS ROG GL753VD laptop and faced an issue with keyboard - the only key that works (both in BIOS and Windows) is the Power key, no other keys nor the backlight work. A USB keyboard works ok. The keyboard and backlight cables look normal. HID keyboard is missing from the Device Manager, but an interesting device exists - VID_048D&PID_89DB, I suppose it could be the keyboard controller.

My issue is very similar to this one, except the laptop model. I have downloaded the Keyboard Adjustment Tool, extracted it and even found a reference to my VID_048D&PID_89DB device in ini file, but don't know any way to flash the correct keyboard firmware for my model. All ASUS Service Centers are very far from my home town, so I'm searching for a way to solve the issue by myself. Please advise
12 REPLIES 12

kiawizard
Level 8
Update: solved by ASUS G752VS Keyboard Fix by BogdanCiulei, xAKUMAx (thank you!!!) - NKOriginal and NK00070003 work good, NK0003000B swaps c and 0
Now only two minor issues remain:
1) Caps Lock turns the LCD backlight on/off
2) the Keyboard backlight remains off, have never seen it working yet, ATK is installed and Fn+F4 backlight brightness is maximum

Hey kiawizard... Wondering what steps you followed to fix your keyboard. I've tried flashing multiple times with all the NK files and they all told me device not found in the updater logs. Appreciate any pointers. This issue is super frustrating! Thanks.

kiawizard wrote:
Update: solved by ASUS G752VS Keyboard Fix by BogdanCiulei, xAKUMAx (thank you!!!) - NKOriginal and NK00070003 work good, NK0003000B swaps c and 0
Now only two minor issues remain:
1) Caps Lock turns the LCD backlight on/off
2) the Keyboard backlight remains off, have never seen it working yet, ATK is installed and Fn+F4 backlight brightness is maximum

here is the link for keyboard firwmvare: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nao9hasvGSbreATAI2aPKwLY9HZ4qenV/view?usp=sharing

download zip.
the Nk.bin file is for ite chip.
Check the log file.
and restart ot reboot or shutdown and start. all the things are working lights capslock etc..
Good days

tekkentag wrote:
here is the link for keyboard firwmvare: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nao9hasvGSbreATAI2aPKwLY9HZ4qenV/view?usp=sharing

download zip.
Check the log file.
and restart ot reboot or shutdown and start. all the things are working lights capslock etc..
Good days

Hi, can you reupload keyboard firmware for GL753VD, link is dead.

Thanks

Need this FW too, help

tekkentag wrote:

download zip.
Check the log file.
Good days

can you please upload it here?

Hi.

Can you have a new link for this file please?

Best regards.

I have got a new EC for ITE 8171, and my keyboard it's ok now, work but without lights.

kiawizard
Level 8
I have tried Gary Key solution with 3 bt.exe versions (dated 2003, 2007 and 2011) - first two give error -1, the last one gives result code 255, the backlight still doesn't work.
There's also an interesting solution described here, but it doesn't work for me - AFUWIN GUI says that GL752VW bios dump's size is different from mine (it is 128kb smaller indeed). Maybe someone could share GL735VD bios dump for me to try flashing Non Critical Block 2?