cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bag for a G74SX laptop!?!?

GreenComedian
Level 7
Hi everyone!

I have a G74SX asus laptop and I've been searching for a bag that can fit my laptop for a while now and I haven't found one that can 😕

So please do you guys/girls have any suggestions? And note that I live in Sweden so please just give me the name of the bag and I can then look up if there is anywhere to buy it here. Because shipping from US or any other place will cost more money and take more time 😕

Also I'm wondering if the ASUS ROG shuttle backpack for 17" laptops fits the G74SX or just the G73 series? Beacause if it does I'll probably buy that one.
19 REPLIES 19

PILGRIM
Level 11
Hi, GreenComedian.

If the ASUS ROG shuttle backpack you're referring to is this: http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=894
then I recommend it. Even if it says its originally for the G73s, the G74 can fit snugly, too, in the backpacks laptop compartment.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Hi PILGRIM!

Thanks for the quick answer 🙂

That wasn't the one I was reffering to. It's this one http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4366

I noticed now that in the youtube video the guy sais that it will fit a G74 laptop 😄 I haven't seen that because on Asus website in Sweden they haven't uploaded that video and I haven't looked around so much on Asus US website 😛 But now thanks to you in a way I know that the backpack will fit my laptop 🙂

Thanks again for the suggestion anyway! 🙂 I'll go buy the backpack first thing after school 🙂

PILGRIM
Level 11
You're welcome. Incidentally, the backpack you're referring to has some problem fitting the G74
in its laptop compartment. See this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10153-G74-Backpack-needed

The main reason I'm recommending the G73/G74 Shuttle ROG backpack is that I'm using it. 🙂
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Ive heard that the Targus XL fits it pretty well. Its the one I plan to get after my G74sx arrives. I dont think i want to fork over the 120 for the ROG one right meow.. 😛
You are the product of millions of years of evolution. ****ing act like it.

I can also recommend the G73 backpack
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=894

as I am using it as well. It very snugly fits the G74 in its laptop compartment, and has lots of room for my laptop accessories in the front case (extra battery, AC brick, a couple of mice, an external HDD, cables, etc). But its not meant for putting your books in as well! A few papers can be put in front of the laptop chamber, but nothing thick. It really is a slimline backpack with everything in it, and it hugs one's back nicely and doesn't stick out.
Just beware its a laptop-only bag, not meant for laptop+ books, etc.
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

mbart79
Level 7
Im using the Everki Titan which does the job fantastically. Even has room to carry my Xbox if I ever felt the need
G74sx i7 2670QM 2.2Ghz - 16 gigs of ram -- GeForce GTX 560 - Bios 203 -
Kingston HyperX 120gig SSD - Intel 6230 wireless card

PILGRIM
Level 11
AC3OFSPADES wrote:
Ive heard that the Targus XL fits it pretty well. Its the one I plan to get after my G74sx arrives. I dont think i want to fork over the 120 for the ROG one right meow.. 😛

Or maybe you could check it out if your G74 comes with the ROG backpack
so you won't have to buy one. My G74 came with it upon purchase..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
Or maybe you could check it out if your G74 comes with the ROG backpack
so you won't have to buy one. My G74 came with it upon purchase..

I'm getting mine from tigerdirect and called them today. the rep said that it doesnt come with it. 😞
You are the product of millions of years of evolution. ****ing act like it.

PILGRIM
Level 11
@AC3OFSPADES: Tough luck.. My backpack costs $65 at ASUS estore.
How much for the Targus XL?
ASUS G74SX-3DE