cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2700x to put the stock cooler on my Asus ROG crosshair VII Hero and now not posting

iNDiFiNiTY
Level 7
My Ryzen build my water pump failed on me and I switched out to my stock cooler, now my system isn't posting anymore. it should be not OCed anymore b/c ive done the clear CMOS and all the other buttons on the mobo. the Q-codes that I'm getting are 00, 33, 74, dE, Ad, dF, 00, I'm assuming the repeating 00 code is where it starts to loop the Q-codes. can anyone help me? I'm going to contact ASUS directly tomorrow. I obviously can't access the BIOS/EUFI since its not posting the least bit, its only cycling those Q-codes.
2 REPLIES 2

Kamui004
Level 7
Have you checked if you pulled out or unseated the CPU when pulling the AIO? It happens often AMD's PGA CPU get stuck to the heatsink or aio and get pulled out of the socket, and even if not completely pulled out it might have been enough to mess the CPU contact with the MB's socket.

Kamui004 wrote:
Have you checked if you pulled out or unseated the CPU when pulling the AIO? It happens often AMD's PGA CPU get stuck to the heatsink or aio and get pulled out of the socket, and even if not completely pulled out it might have been enough to mess the CPU contact with the MB's socket.

Good point - try re-seating the CPU. As Kamui004 pointed out the AM4 socket has a pretty loose grip on the CPU and it can look like its seated when it's not.
Lift it out of the socket using the lever to unlatch it fist - check that you don't have any bent or broken pins, assuming its good, reseat the CPU and re-latch the retaining lever and remount the cooler.

Wondering if its possible too that it thinks the CPU fan is not spinning and is shutting down but I'd expect you would get an error and a F1 reset message vs boot loop from hades... You do have the cooler fan plugged into the CPU fan header? I know I know, but something to verify.

If you know someone else with a compatible board could see if they will let you pop your CPU in ... at least validate the CPU status

The pump did not leak any fluid did it?
Other systems in addition to rig in the profile specs:
Aorus Master x570, 3950X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, Sabrent 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, 2080 Super, HX1200i, Celsius S36, Define S2, pg348q
Aorus Master x570, 3900X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, 5700XT, HX1000i, H150i Pro, Obsidian 500D, LG32GK650F-B
MEG x570 Unify, 3800X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, GTX1080Ti, SSR-850PD, Celsius S36, Define R6, u3415w