Level 7
I'm getting Windows 7 Blue Screens of Death because of the IOMAP64.sys

I haven't overclocked anything yet.

My hardware:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15826811

8 REPLIES 8

Foreshadow
Level 7
I've set the ASDR service to Manual and I was able to boot without the BSOD. I would like to have a confirmation that this is the service responsible for the problem.

HiVizMan
Level 40
May I ask if you are running smart doctor on your system?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Foreshadow
Level 7
Smart Doctor was running every time I booted my PC until I changed the service.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Unless there is no other application that can do the work that smart doctor is doing on your system I would suggest you remove it completely - if you can. Fairly sure that is what is causing the conflict and error.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

69_Goat
Level 7
I was getting the same bsod after a windows update last week.

I had to roll back to a restore point and turn off windows update.
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile

Foreshadow
Level 7
I currently don't have any other software that verifies the same things as Smart Doctor without the user. Would you know which Windows update caused the error?

It must most-likely be because of the Microsoft updates that caused the problem because it started after doing updates and testing the CPU level up clock from EVO (which I reverted and still saw the problem). My Windows installation is rather new and I did proceed with many updates when the problem started.

I Had A BSOD Today... It Was A Similar Error... I Was On YouTube & A Soon As The Vid Started It Pixelated & Crashed To BSOD

The Cause, Was That The DVI/HDMI Adapter Was In The DVI Dual Channel Port & Not The Single Channel Port & Little Switch Near Crossfire Pins Was On Wrong Setting + The Graphics Card Driver Didn't Handle The 1920x1080P Resolution..

So I Used These Steps...

1. Update Any Drivers If You Can
2. Turn Computer Off
3. Switch Off Power Supply
4. Unplug Power Cable For Graphics Card
5. Remove Graphics Card Completely [I Sat It On A Clean Piece Of Wood.. In-case It Needed To Earth]
6. Install GC After A Few Minutes & Plug All Cables In
7. Make Sure The Switch Next To Crossfire Pins Are In Position Facing Front Of Tower Or Back Of GC
8. Plug Any DVI Adapter In Left DVI Port [If Facing Back Of Computer Tower] & Plug Cable In Adapter
9. Boot Computer & Do The Last Process You Were Doing When It Crashed & See If It Happens Again

Windows Will Detect The Graphics Card Again "As New Hardware" & It Should Be Alright... No Problems So Far...
| AMD FX-8150 @ 5.192GHZ | Antec Kuhler h20 920 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt |
|16GB GSkill Sniper PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM + 32GB AMD "RADEON Edition" 1866MHz SDRAM |
| CoolerMaster Silent PRO Hybrid 1300W With Fan Controller | ASUS EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 |
| Xigmatek Water Cooling Tower With 2.5"/3.5" Sata Dock Built In | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks NanoTechSoldier one more fix to add to my growing list of user solutions.