ROG Enthusiast Array

IOMAP64.sys Blue Screen (BSOD)

I'm getting Windows 7 Blue Screens of Death because of the IOMAP64.sys

I haven't overclocked anything yet.

My hardware:
    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=15826811

ROG Enthusiast Array

I've set the ASDR service to Manual and I was able to boot without the BSOD. I would like to have a confirmation that this is the service responsible for the problem.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

May I ask if you are running smart doctor on your system?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Smart Doctor was running every time I booted my PC until I changed the service.

Unless there is no other application that can do the work that smart doctor is doing on your system I would suggest you remove it completely - if you can. Fairly sure that is what is causing the conflict and error.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array 69_Goat's Avatar

I was getting the same bsod after a windows update last week.

I had to roll back to a restore point and turn off windows update.
    i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI
    i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

ROG Enthusiast Array

I currently don't have any other software that verifies the same things as Smart Doctor without the user. Would you know which Windows update caused the error?

It must most-likely be because of the Microsoft updates that caused the problem because it started after doing updates and testing the CPU level up clock from EVO (which I reverted and still saw the problem). My Windows installation is rather new and I did proceed with many updates when the problem started.

Banned Array

I Had A BSOD Today... It Was A Similar Error... I Was On YouTube & A Soon As The Vid Started It Pixelated & Crashed To BSOD

The Cause, Was That The DVI/HDMI Adapter Was In The DVI Dual Channel Port & Not The Single Channel Port & Little Switch Near Crossfire Pins Was On Wrong Setting + The Graphics Card Driver Didn't Handle The 1920x1080P Resolution..

So I Used These Steps...

1. Update Any Drivers If You Can
    2. Turn Computer Off
    3. Switch Off Power Supply
    4. Unplug Power Cable For Graphics Card
    5. Remove Graphics Card Completely [I Sat It On A Clean Piece Of Wood.. In-case It Needed To Earth]
    6. Install GC After A Few Minutes & Plug All Cables In
    7. Make Sure The Switch Next To Crossfire Pins Are In Position Facing Front Of Tower Or Back Of GC
    8. Plug Any DVI Adapter In Left DVI Port [If Facing Back Of Computer Tower] & Plug Cable In Adapter
    9. Boot Computer & Do The Last Process You Were Doing When It Crashed & See If It Happens Again

Windows Will Detect The Graphics Card Again "As New Hardware" & It Should Be Alright... No Problems So Far...
    Last edited by NanoTechSoldier; 01-31-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks NanoTechSoldier one more fix to add to my growing list of user solutions.