cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RoG Strix B350-F Gaming Mobo draws too much power when shut down

tallkid24
Level 7
I just got a new build going this last weekend with this motherboard. Everything works great except for when I shut down the computer. I have my PC hooked up to a master outlet in the surge protector and my monitors and speakers are connected to the controlled outlets so they turn off when the computer turns off, at least that's the way it used to work.

With this mobo, it draws enough power when shut down to still keep the controlled outlets going. I've tried disabling the LEDs on the mobo but still have the same issue. Any ideas if there is some setting I can change so the master outlet will shutdown when the computer shuts down?
9 REPLIES 9

tallkid24
Level 7
bump

Advance Menu/APM Configuration/ErP Ready/enable (S4 +S5) turns off my computer (Motherboard LEDs, USB ports, graphic card power LEDs, etc.), but I have to turn off my monitors and speakers separately. I do not use a surge protector, so I do not know how that would work.

pndiode wrote:
Advance Menu/APM Configuration/ErP Ready/enable (S4 +S5) turns off my computer (Motherboard LEDs, USB ports, graphic card power LEDs, etc.), but I have to turn off my monitors and speakers separately. I do not use a surge protector, so I do not know how that would work.

Yeah, I have that turned on so that the leds and everything turn off, but it still draws enough power when shut down that it keeps the surge protector on unfortunately.

Anyone else have any ideas?

bump

bump

No ideas?

bump

kkn
Level 14
PSU and pc always have power and leds ( and other components that need power even the pc is turned off ) will draw some power.
if you want to fully turn it off i sugest pulling power cord.