cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl502vs Stuck at REPUBLIC OF GAMERS when i try to "reset this pc" - solved?

HectorAb
Level 7
Hello!
First, sorry for my english, i have a problem with my Laptop (republic of gamers Gl502vs, Windows 10), Every time i try to reset (delete all), the lap stuck at republic of gamers screen with the Word "wait" but nothing happens, even the light of the processor it's not blinking. i wait for like 2 hours or more and nothing happen... so i turn off the laptop and then it start like if nothing had happened, still have everything etc. but i get an error like "Windows founds an error".
What can i do?
TY!
4 REPLIES 4

ssbob98
Level 7
Hector, same thing happened with mine (eventually had ASUS swap it out with a GL503VM, don't bother with that one either). The problem is that after the Fall Creator's Update (or maybe sooner, don't know) the link between the restore image and WIndows 10 becomes broken. You have 2 choices as I see it: (1) send it back to ASUS for re-image ($$) or (2) backup your esupport folder (IMPORTANT) and do a clean install of Win10 (grab the install media creator from MS). I would vote for #2 because other than a few items, you don't need most of the crap that ASUS puts on there (Dell and HP are worse though to be fair).

HectorAb wrote:
Hello!
First, sorry for my english, i have a problem with my Laptop (republic of gamers Gl502vs, Windows 10), Every time i try to reset (delete all), the lap stuck at republic of gamers screen with the Word "wait" but nothing happens, even the light of the processor it's not blinking. i wait for like 2 hours or more and nothing happen... so i turn off the laptop and then it start like if nothing had happened, still have everything etc. but i get an error like "Windows founds an error".
What can i do?
TY!

nytwolf45
Level 8
Same issue here. Any chance there is a fix without full install?

nytwolf45
Level 8
Up this thread. No fix in sight?

myth77
Level 8
I know its old thread...but maybe it will help someone...i had same problem after using new nvme and fresh install...i tried everything...disable fast boot, sata settings...and finally when i i disabled "secure boot" in bios settings everything worked. I even changed fast boot to enable and smart settings...and restart is working.
So in short, my case all i had to do is to disable "secure boot"