cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under Volting I7 8700K on ASUS Maximus Hero X Wifi AC

Alcasczar
Level 7
Good day,

Looking to under volt my CPU using this Board, I don't see an option for adaptive voltage (I may need to clear cmos for this ? ) Is this the preferred method or should manual method work? what is your recommended baseline for 4.7 GHZ (stock turbo speeds) to start with?

Also LLC should it be set to 5 or 6?

I am fairly new to OC but have done quite a bit of research and this is my first post to try and get some feedback from the community. I was successful in OC the cpu to 5.0 ghz but I think for my usage and gaming needs 4.7 would well suffice.

I am currently running at stock voltage auto which seems really high (1.34 v) and XMP is off for the time being . I feel that voltage should be lower at stock turbo speeds to help provide more cooling. Ambient temps are around 21c and full load using prime 95 at 4.7ghz and 1.34 v core voltage is about 65c

My RIG.

Asus MAXIMUS HERO x (wifi ac)
INTEL 8700k (delidded)
Case: Corsair Graphite Series: 760T
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
PSU: Cooler Master V1200 - Fully Modular 1200W 80 PLUS Platinum PSU
Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, 280mm RAD.
GPU: ASUS ROG 1080-GTX-TI 3 fan OC version.

Let me know if you need more info.
3 REPLIES 3

Rob_W_
Level 12
Hi alcasczar.
As no one has got back to you yet, from a personal point of view I would set in bios Ai overclocking tuner to manual , set sync all cores, set core ratio to 47,
Set svid to best case, turn of multi core enhancement.
*Set cpu voltage to adaptive, set adaptive sign to - ( I would do that to help under clock ) and adaptive voltage *to 0.01 to start, set cpu turbo voltage 1. 28 ( if problems take that up by 0.01v at a time )*
Llc to 5
I would not us xmp as this boosts voltages.
Could be a stating point for you but there are just so so many factors that can affect this as you know, so hopefully someone well versed with your board and cpu will come to your rescue.
Good luck with it;)**

Alcasczar
Level 7
Thanks for your response Rob, I will give this a try this weekend and see how it goes. I currently have XMP off and before with it on I noticed the system would act strange, random freezes (sometimes it would recover) concessional BSOD at bootup , but since I am using auto voltages it's been stable as a rock at 1.35v this must be the ASUS sweet spot for this board maybe idk. Temps aren't horrible but I think they could be better. Thanks again, I'll let you know what happens.

Alcasczar
Level 7
Thanks for your response Rob, I will give this a try this weekend and see how it goes. I currently have XMP off and before with it on I noticed the system would act strange, random freezes (sometimes it would recover) concessional BSOD at bootup , but since I am using auto voltages it's been stable as a rock at 1.35v this must be the ASUS sweet spot for this board maybe idk. Temps aren't horrible but I think they could be better. Thanks again, I'll let you know what happens.