Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Extreme Edition 10 x99 Possible RMA needed

flamemc
Level 7
Hi all.

So as far as i can tell my motherboard has died 😞

I have done all the obvious tests (below) and everything points to the motherboard.

Reset Bios
Taken out GPUs
Taken out memory

Ive tested the system without cpu, with cpu but no memory, with 1x stick of ram, and everytime i get the same 00 postcode error, the cpu led is also lit (could be cpu) and there is also 3 of the 4 pci leds lit 2x are solid and 1x flashed in an odd way but some boots its off.

Now the system has been rock solid for 18 months or so, the system was on, i went to get a drink came back and it was off and never came back 😞

I spent well over 5k on this system and i feel gutted ive just had to strip it all down 😞

Now to cut a long story short, i purchased it from scan and its still under warranty, but ive read x99 boards are no longer available or there are terrible rma delays, whats the likely outcome if the board is dead.

One more sad face i think 😞
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Unfortunately that could also be the CPU...since an RMA with Intel is fast and painless I would actually advise you to RMA the CPU first...or get hold of a CPU you can test the board with...

😞

flamemc
Level 7
That is also my thought, im taking both parts back to scan on Saturday, they said they will test both parts to see whats to blame, to be honest ive already messages asus about the board on facebook, and so far theyve been good, responded pretty quickly, going to scan computers saturday so will see what they say 🙂

flamemc wrote:
they will test both parts to see whats to blame

That's cool...often comes down to MB or CPU and not having spares to test is a pain...

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I would deal with Scan, I'm sure they'll be able to diagnose the problem for you and handle the RMA.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090