cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G751JY switches to battery when AC is plugged in

daniel2110
Level 7
Hello guys!

So, as the title says, my laptop automatically switches to battery power on it’s own, but only while playing demanding games.
In december 2017, my laptop had a completely dead battery ( meaning it literally didn’t charge anymore, it was at “0%, not charging”), but it would still work perfectly fine while plugged in. ( it would shut down immediately if I unplugged the charger ). And also in January 2018 it would shut down immediately if I launched any game, meaning it suddenly lost contact with the charger when doing demanding tasks. So, on 12 april 2018 I have contacted ASUS UK to send my laptop for repair. It got sent to their partner “LetMeRepair”, and it took ONE MONTH just to replace my battery. ( Note: I bought my laptop in august 2015, so my warranty expired) Laptop came back on 18th May 2018 and it worked alright until yesterday when I was playing a demanding game, and it literally didn’t connect to the charger until I quit the game and waited 2 minutes. ( it still had moments when it switched to battery even though it was plugged in, but it would connect to the charger again in a second, and this happend just three times in two weeks). **
The laptop doesn’t shut down anymore, because I’ve got a new battery on it, so the problem must be somewhere else.
I thoroughly searched this forum for some answers, and I’ve found something helpful, but I didn’t see anyone say if it actually worked for them. There *was an user who said they replaced their DC-IN PCB: go to asusparts.eu and type in this code*90NB06F1-R10030 .*
Here’s the thread where I read that: *https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98558-Asus-G751-switches-to-battery-when-playing-intensive...
PS my laptop specs are: Intel Core i7 4720HQ 2.6 GHz Haswell, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD, and nVidia 980M 4GB graphics card.
So my question is, have any of you guys managed to fix this? Has anyone replaced the part I mentioned earlier? Did it fix for you?

Thank you very much for your help! :)*
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
this is normal, under heave load the batter work with the AC Adapter to keep up. Also there has been a problem with the MB scoket were you plug in your AC Adapter. None of this should cause your notebook not to shut down. That would be a windows issue.
Try running these DISM tools from a Admin Command Prompt
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM