cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressable RGB header problem

RonDoby
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I recently put a system together and was having a problem getting an issue resolved. I'm currently working with Tech Support (so far not much support..) and I've tried posting in the Aura section (still awaiting a response). I thought I'd attempt to get some help/information from someone with the same model motherboard.

The computer itself is running beautifully. It's the RGB that's driving me crazy. I've had my fair share of problems with this (Aura Sync specifically) and I've been able to deal with all but one of them by not running the 1.06.29 version and have switched to 1.06.17. This has corrected my inconsistent G Skill memory communication and allowed for a somewhat solid RGB setup. The one issue that I've not been able to correct is the addressable header. Throughout this whole endeavor, I have never had the "add strip" option show up on the top of the window. I originally thought that I would need to have a shorter WS2812B strip (I got one with 30 LEDs) to get this to show.. Nope. I'm using the connector that came with the motherboard (4-1 = 3pin). Should this be showing up as an option whether I have a strip connected or not? My build is as follows. I very much appreciate any help y'all can provide!

• ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming (latest Bios 1301)
• Intel 7920X
• G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 32GB@3200MHz
• ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-Gaming
• NZXT Kraken X62 (Just recently added the software after Aura seemed to be working - newest version)
• Corsair 6xLL140 fans and 4x LED Strips – all connected to Lighting Node Pro (Just recently added the software after Aura seemed to be working - newest version)
• Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2
• Other assorted drives but no additional RGBs.

Thank you for your time!

Ron
0 REPLIES 0