cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rampage V 10 Is not posting 00 Post message

ReaperOneSIx
Level 7
I shut down my computer last night right before I went to bed. I turn it on this morning my PC would not boot up.
I got 00 post message on my motherboard. I tried switching out the graphics card, use one graphics card. I tried one stick of ram.
I tried resetting the bios switching the bios and I still get the 00 message. I'm beginning to think my motherboard gone bad
14 REPLIES 14

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Clear CMOS...maybe remove battery for a while too...to doubly make sure. Try the second BIOS chip.

At worst this can happen from a dead CPU or board..or even PSU...if the board is not getting power from 8pin ATX for example....try another PSU if you have one.

Any LEDs on the board lighting up...or flashing?

ReaperOneSIx
Level 7
All the LED lights turn on, my led RGB lights on graphics card and memory stick glows as well the RGB on the mobo. I'll try clearing the CMOS by removing the batteries. I did try clearing the CMOS by using the CMOS button that didn't work. I did try the second bios chip and it still didn't boot up.

ReaperOneSIx
Level 7
i hope removing the battery does work

Yes those Leds were on

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Sorry, I didn't mean the bling LEDs...was thinking more of the debug LEDs and PCIe lane LEDs...

When you remove the battery, of course, unplug PSU...leave the board totally without power for a while...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Which one/s

I presume CPU LED is lit up red?...any PCIe lanes? any flashing?

Clearing the cmos by removing the battery didn't work still got 00 post message

ReaperOneSIx
Level 7
yes they are on

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You'll have to start troubleshooting for failed components. Can you get hold of a different PSU / different CPU...maybe local PC store can help?