cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded G20 shutting off when playing games sometimes

ipwnjustin
Level 7
So I recently upgraded my 750 in the case to a Founders Edition 1080. And when I did this I moved the JDC11 to the left and I have the 8 pin connector plugged into the motherboard and to the GTX 1080 and I bought and connected 180w power supply to my computer. so I don't understand why it's shutting down occasionally?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Sounds like the GPU is too power hungry and the power supply is not able to handle it. Try down-clocking the GPU and see if this still happens.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Sounds like the GPU is too power hungry and the power supply is not able to handle it. Try down-clocking the GPU and see if this still happens.

That doesnt seem right though as the "Maximum Graphics Card Power" for the 1080 is 180 which is the same amount as the 2nd power supply that is used to power the card. But I will be giving it a try.

xeromist
I understand. It's possible a PSU doesn't perform up to spec and if this only happens under heavy load situations it might be worth checking.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…