cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help tweaking my system

Retired
Not applicable
I have the IV Formula board (latest BIOS) a 1090T and 8GB of Corsair CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 RAM.

I have been running the system at the Turbo Key II OC (232MHz - 3.7GHz / 4.1GHz) for a while now and all seems very stable - I just had to tweak the RAM settings in the BIOS.

I have tried several times for a higher overclock but always seem to get a BSOD or just a reboot.

Does the Turbo Key II OC work with the specific chip on the board (ie test it as it OCs) or is there a pre-programmed OC for a 1090T on the board which it just selects?

I am keen to get a 4GHz 24/7 OC but keep failing - any suggestions?

I am open to ideas of selling this RAM and buying something that will OC better - just nothing tooooo expensive like the Flares.
3 REPLIES 3

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Turbo key put many setting on auto so the board push what the CPU want even if it's over the limit. It could simply be that you don't push enough voltage or one setting is wrong. Maybe you could give us your setting?
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
Hi which settings do you need?

At the mo, all is on auto apart from RAM timings and bus speed which is 232 MHz.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Sorry for the delay. Try to manually controll all voltage ( make sure to stay in the safe zone ) also, disable all fonction you don't need lik e the second network port if there is one etc.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!