cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How change 7.1 to 5.1 to stereo

spsfao
Level 7
Hi all. Got an Asus ROG Centurion 7.1 and play in PUBG that game doesen't support 7.1 sound. In documentation write "

Regardless of whether your favorite game features 7.1, 5.1, or stereo audio, ROG Centurion will reproduce it in the most optimal, natural way. With just a click of the 7.1/stereo mode toggle switch on the audio station, you can easily change between surround and stereo audio.

true 7.1/stereo mode switch lets you easily select the optimal output mode for the source content

how i can Cahnge sounds mods in my station or ? i whant to set stereo. Please Help me. So ty!
9 REPLIES 9

HeavyHemi
Level 8
spsfao wrote:
Hi all. Got an Asus ROG Centurion 7.1 and play in PUBG that game doesen't support 7.1 sound. In documentation write "

Regardless of whether your favorite game features 7.1, 5.1, or stereo audio, ROG Centurion will reproduce it in the most optimal, natural way. With just a click of the 7.1/stereo mode toggle switch on the audio station, you can easily change between surround and stereo audio.

true 7.1/stereo mode switch lets you easily select the optimal output mode for the source content

how i can Cahnge sounds mods in my station or ? i whant to set stereo. Please Help me. So ty!

When you disable the 7.1 mode (by pressing the button on the Control Box) you are in stereo mode.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Centurion will not downmix 7.1 content to stereo. Stereo mode is only for stereo content, if 7.1 content is played with stereo mode on, all channels except the front 2 channels will be muted.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The Centurion will not downmix 7.1 content to stereo. Stereo mode is only for stereo content, if 7.1 content is played with stereo mode on, all channels except the front 2 channels will be muted.

How is that downmix mode you mentioned being included coming along? Months away or completely forgotten that you ever said that?

"However, we are working on a downmix mode to cater those who only have stereo speakers. There is already a dedicated 7.1/Stereo button on the Audio Station so we will not be changing the GUI.

I will keep everyone up-to-date when the new firmware arrives. "

HeavyHemi wrote:
How is that downmix mode you mentioned being included coming along? Months away or completely forgotten that you ever said that?

"However, we are working on a downmix mode to cater those who only have stereo speakers. There is already a dedicated 7.1/Stereo button on the Audio Station so we will not be changing the GUI.

I will keep everyone up-to-date when the new firmware arrives. "

Downmix is coming, it's not forgotten. Just want to save people the trouble of checking in every day looking for updates, for now.
The function will allow users to connect speakers to the Audio Station, so you can switch between the headset and stereo speakers easier using the dedicated button (7.1 speakers are recommended for now).

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Downmix is coming, it's not forgotten. Just want to save people the trouble of checking in every day looking for updates, for now.
The function will allow users to connect speakers to the Audio Station, so you can switch between the headset and stereo speakers easier using the dedicated button (7.1 speakers are recommended for now).

Sure I got that. You're hoping as the month's go by, this will be forgotten. What I see is ASUS providing just another example where THEY DO NOT SUPPORT THEIR PREMIUM PRODUCT. So...you're saying maybe check back in 6 months? Ridiculous and you would never accept that if YOU were the customer. Is ASUS so strapped for resources that JUST FIXING ONE SINGLE PREMIUM PRODUCT so taxes their resources that we're looking a nearly a YEAR (likely never). Utterly unacceptable.

leo91531
Level 7
spsfao wrote:

hi spsfao

PUBG is not support 7.1 but it really support 6 channel 3D surround sound.

So your Headsets should set 7.1 and open game setting HRTF is on.

(test PUBG old version support 6 channel)

leo91531 wrote:
hi spsfao

PUBG is not support 7.1 but it really support 6 channel 3D surround sound.

So your Headsets should set 7.1 and open game setting HRTF is on.

(test PUBG old version support 6 channel)

The Centurion only works as true 7.1, and not virtual 7.1 or HRTF (emulated 3D environment using 2 drivers). I'd advise to use a pair of stereo headphones if you wish to use HRTF.

PUBG does not utilize the center and subwoofer (0.1) channels, the best way is to request for such support from game developers. We have no control over how many channels games produce. Due to popular request, we are currently working to change selected spectrum modes to improve the bass for games which do not utilize the subwoofer channel. These modes will no longer be true 7.1, but for many game titles it should sound better.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The Centurion only works as true 7.1, and not virtual 7.1 or HRTF (emulated 3D environment using 2 drivers). I'd advise to use a pair of stereo headphones if you wish to use HRTF.

PUBG does not utilize the center and subwoofer (0.1) channels, the best way is to request for such support from game developers. We have no control over how many channels games produce. Due to popular request, we are currently working to change selected spectrum modes to improve the bass for games which do not utilize the subwoofer channel. These modes will no longer be true 7.1, but for many game titles it should sound better.

Open HRTF is necessary,HRTF provide Z axis sound effect that can help you Identify sound from up or down.

And open HRTF PUBG still output 6 channel, center and sub channel still not work but won't affect Identify X-Y sound direction.

2.1+PUBG HRTF or 7.1(6)+PUBG HRTF which are better i think i should play more time to test.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We did not develop HRTF, it is not our technology. If you have a good pair of stereo headphones, use HRTF for virtual 7.1. For the Centurion, use true 7.1.