cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for assistance with RMA - no repsonse through ASUS site

T_REX
Level 7
Hi all,

I've got a Maximus III Formula that I believe I need to send in and I haven't received a response through the ASUS site RMA form. If anyone here could be of assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

TJ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone would like to troubleshoot my issue or just to satisfy curiosity, here is a summary:
I've had my system running stable (stock, no OC) for years, but my stock Intel CPU cooler started growling so I figured it was time to swap it out. I removed the Intel Cooler, removed the thermal paste, and installed a new Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus with the backing bracket and new thermal paste.

Ever since then, the system won't post or boot - not even getting video. What I do have is the Q LED CPU lit up Red.

I've cleared the CMOS via button (jumper confirmed), Removed the battery overnight, Removed and Reinstalled the Cooler master, Removed the backing bracket for CM212 and wrapped it in electrical tape & reinstalled, Removed & inspected the CPU, checked the socket for bent pins, tried 1 stick of RAM at a time in different slots, checked all power connectors, Got a different 1156 i7 CPU installed and I still have the same failure to post w/ the Q LED CPU lit up Red. I have a speaker installed and there are no sounds. It hangs before the beep would even happen.
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Silly question - but when you removed the old CPU did you ground yourself or wear an anti-static band?

Have you read the sticky about RMA in the USA that can be found on the forum. There is some information in there that you might find useful in your quest to actually have contact and resolution to this problem. How many days have you been waiting since your submission?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4783-ASUS-US-amp-Canada-RMA-Guide
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Silly question - but when you removed the old CPU did you ground yourself or wear an anti-static band?

Have you read the sticky about RMA in the USA that can be found on the forum. There is some information in there that you might find useful in your quest to actually have contact and resolution to this problem. How many days have you been waiting since your submission?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4783-ASUS-US-amp-Canada-RMA-Guide

Thanks for the response.

It's not a stupid question, because I've seen the results of people not grounding themselves. I always ground myself when working on my PC. The first time I did not even remove the CPU and, in fact, I even tried a second CPU but still have the red CPU led.

It's been 3 days since my RMA request. I used the online form mentioned in the sticky (before I realized this much better rog/asus forum existed) by following the guidelines at the "regular" asus forum site. I bought my mobo from an e-tailer, so I did not go to them for the RMA.

The Sticky lists "http://livesupport.asus.com/chat" as the live chat link.

It is now "http://service.asus.com/chat" if you want to edit the sticky or for those looking.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks T Rex

If you tried a second CPU and still nada - Dead motherboard is my guess too. I will get the sticky updated.

Three days so today would be the fourth. Keep me in the loop here please, I would like to know when they contact you. At this time I can not escalate your case but if it is not addressed soon then I will.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for all your help. I ended up calling in and am now pending an RMA. They explained it could take a couple days to check stock, then e-mail me a form to fill out with CC info for shipping. I'll keep you posted.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Excellent .. Welcome to ROG T Rex..... heres to quick and painless RMA ..
best of luck .. looking forward to both of you returning .. one smiling ... both ROGn
causing said smiling....c.

As promised, I'm back to update the thread on the process.

I received the RMA form (.pdf) by e-mail. I filled in the requested information with Adobe, printed it, signed it, and faxed it to the number provided.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks mate - will keep an eye on.

I've gotten this far in the process and I hate to see this sub forum close.

Whats the average average time to receive the cross-shipped motherboard? I haven't heard anything since sending in the form and I'm dying over hear without my main rig!