cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Issues After a 2nd RMA

Maghoumi
Level 7
Dear ASUS,

I wanted to post here on Friday but my access was limited and MasterC@Asus had to give me access (more on this later).

Backstory:

I've been a long-time customer of yours and, perhaps out of sheer bad luck, almost every single ASUS product I've had has failed on me at some point.

First it was my UX32VD laptop back in 2012 that experienced an internal onboard SSD failure. The issue was fixed after the 1st RMA, but then received unit had a faulty screen and a scratch, so was returned in a 2nd RMA. After the 2nd RMA, the lid didn't close so I had to send it in a 3rd time. This whole thing left me without a laptop, in the middle of school semester, for about a month.

The proof are these RMA numbers: CAF6381617, CAF6382303, CAF6390471.

Shortly after this bad experience, I had a Nexus 7 tablet that also failed, and even though I started an RMA request (CAF33A1434), I never sent it in for repair, for the fear of having to deal with the RMA process again, I just sold the dead tablet for cheap...

Fast forward a few years, one of my STRIX GTX1080's failed a few months ago and I had to start an RMA (the number is USPCJ22235). The process went well and I received a working card (and it's been working great since). The process took roughly 2 weeks, and I was without my machine during that time.

Current Problem:

Shortly after that RMA, my ROG STRIX X99 GAMING died one day, without any apparent reason and killed my Intel Core i7 6850K CPU with it. I sent it in for an RMA (USPCJ32873) and was again left without a PC for 2 weeks. The replacement worked for a month then started showing blue screens. Sent it in a 2nd time, (USPCJ51222) and received it on Friday, again after 3 weeks.

There are now other problems with what I received. As shown in the picture below, the back side of the motherboard is scuffed and more importantly, the motherboard is missing the I/O cover which has the STRIX logo and the RGB lighting on it!!! 😞 😞 😞 This is not an optional attachment, but EVERY signle STRIX X99 motherboard comes with one. I've also posted pictures of my previous motherboard which shows what that I/O cover looks like. I wanted to post about this as soon as I opened the shipment package but my forum access was limited and had to wait for MasterC@ASUS to grant me access.

ASUS... This is EXTREMELY frustrating. I rely on my computer for my day job as well as doing my grad school research and every time I send something in, I'm left without my computer for 3 weeks. You don't provide any advanced RMA/cross shipping nor do you provide any expedited return shipping option, and again, this is very frustrating.

What should I do at this point? As a long-time customer, I'm not treated right and it's not fair to spend all this money and have a non-functional PC for so many days.
18 REPLIES 18

Bill
Level 7
Hello Maghoumi
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:

your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Maghoumi
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:

your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

Messaged you. Still waiting to hear back something from you.

Maghoumi
Level 7
ASUS!
Is this a joke? More than a month has passed without a single communication from you and Bill never followed up.

Is the blame on me, the customer, for repeatedly buying ASUS products despite all the problems I've faced in the past??

This is unacceptable

Maghoumi
Level 7
ASUS,
Where art thou??!

Dear Maghoumi,

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, II would be more than glad to help provide resolution to this case. Please PM or email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straitened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.

cl-Adrian@asus wrote:
Dear Maghoumi,

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, II would be more than glad to help provide resolution to this case. Please PM or email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straitened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

Adrian,

Sorry for the late reply (I had almost given up on hearing anything from ASUS).

I just emailed you the information you requested. Thank you for your help and attention in advance.

cl-Adrian@asus wrote:
Dear Maghoumi,

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

A quick update on this for whoever is interested.

Shout-out to Adrian, he really came through!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
After emailing him, he quickly got in touch with me with a new RMA number. I explained my frustration and the fact that my PC is vital for my work. He said he'd make sure I'm taken care of as quickly as possible.

Interestingly, this time the RMA label had a different ASUS depo address on it. My previous RMAs were to be shipped to the depo in the middle of nowhere (Jeffersonville, IN). This time, I had to send the motherboard to the ASUS corporate office in Freemont, CA (I even asked if I could drop off in person as the depo is close to where I live, Adrian said that it had to be shipped). I sent the package on 08/02.

Long story short, Adrian was very communicative and told me that my replacement would be shipped in a few days. On 08/08 I received the package (package was sent from Newark, CA).

This time, I was given a brand-new motherboard with the complete retail packaging!!! :cool: :cool: (pics attached) The motherboard even smells like new. I've been using it for a week and it's been solid thus far.

I want to thank Adrian again. However, I just wish this entire RMA experience wasn't this painful... I wish it didn't take 2 months for ASUS to hear my voice and address my issue...

Maghoumi
Level 7
Oh my god! I knew it. I knew that it was too good to be true... I knew I had it too easy 😞 😞 😞

Guess what! The "new" motherboard has an annoying problem. For a while I noticed that every time I cut the power off to the PC, on every boot, all my BIOS settings would reset (and the clock would go back to 01/01/2000). I thought, ok, the CMOS battery must have died.

This morning I got new batteries, tried 3 different ones in fact, and noticed that the motherboard does not hold CMOS settings no matter what! So essentially, it's like the battery is not even there. Every time you boot, the date is 01/01/2000 and all BIOS settings are gone. Excellent!

ASUS, can I just get my money back? I don't deserve all this headache 😞

Maghoumi wrote:
Oh my god! I knew it. I knew that it was too good to be true... I knew I had it too easy 😞 😞 😞

Guess what! The "new" motherboard has an annoying problem. For a while I noticed that every time I cut the power off to the PC, on every boot, all my BIOS settings would reset (and the clock would go back to 01/01/2000). I thought, ok, the CMOS battery must have died.

This morning I got new batteries, tried 3 different ones in fact, and noticed that the motherboard does not hold CMOS settings no matter what! So essentially, it's like the battery is not even there. Every time you boot, the date is 01/01/2000 and all BIOS settings are gone. Excellent!

ASUS, can I just get my money back? I don't deserve all this headache 😞

Please give me a detailed description to any specifics in regards to your situation so we can collaborate towards a resolution.