Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Adrian@asus View Post
    Please give me a detailed description to any specifics in regards to your situation so we can collaborate towards a resolution.
    Hello Adrian,

Here's the exact description of the problem I'm facing with the motherboard that you helped replace:

Even though the CMOS battery on my motherboard is new (I tried 3 different batteries already), the motherboard does not retain the BIOS settings. In other words, every time I turn the machine off and cut the power, when I turn it back on, all the BIOS settings are gone: the clock is reset back to 01/01/2000. Also all the fan settings, hard drive boot priorities, and every other setting in the BIOS would be reset to default and I'm prompted with the message saying "Please enter setup to recover BIOS settings".

I've tried upgrading the BIOS to no avail. The BIOS settings get cleared every single time

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Maghoumi View Post
    Hello Adrian,

Here's the exact description of the problem I'm facing with the motherboard that you helped replace:

Even though the CMOS battery on my motherboard is new (I tried 3 different batteries already), the motherboard does not retain the BIOS settings. In other words, every time I turn the machine off and cut the power, when I turn it back on, all the BIOS settings are gone: the clock is reset back to 01/01/2000. Also all the fan settings, hard drive boot priorities, and every other setting in the BIOS would be reset to default and I'm prompted with the message saying "Please enter setup to recover BIOS settings".

I've tried upgrading the BIOS to no avail. The BIOS settings get cleared every single time

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Sorry for the delay:

The clear CMOS is indicated on the motherboard:
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 1.jpg  

2.jpg  

ROG Member Array

Adrian,

I think you misunderstood my problem. In short, the motherboard's BIOS keeps clearing itself every time I shut it down.
    In other words, it does not hold the BIOS settings, even though the jumper you showed is not shorted and the battery is fine. The clock goes back to 01/01/2000 on every boot

Hope my problem is more clear now.

Thanks again

ROG Enthusiast Array

Adrian,

I think you misunderstood my problem. In short, the motherboard's BIOS keeps clearing itself every time I shut it down.
    In other words, it does not hold the BIOS settings, even though the jumper you showed is not shorted and the battery is fine. The clock goes back to 01/01/2000 on every boot

Hope my problem is more clear now.

Thanks again
    Sorry for the delay can you check if your CMOS battery is clamped down by the pins, if not try making sure there enough pressure applied by the pins to the battery.

ROG Member Array

Sorry for the delay can you check if your CMOS battery is clamped down by the pins, if not try making sure there enough pressure applied by the pins to the battery.
    Adrian,

Thanks for your response.

As I mentioned twice in the previous posts, I replaced the CMOS battery with 3 different batteries. I had also inspected the pins of the battery holder. It visually looks fine.

The first time I noticed this issue, I tried putting pressure. No luck I'm fairly certain there is something wrong with the board.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Adrian,

Thanks for your response.

As I mentioned twice in the previous posts, I replaced the CMOS battery with 3 different batteries. I had also inspected the pins of the battery holder. It visually looks fine.

The first time I noticed this issue, I tried putting pressure. No luck I'm fairly certain there is something wrong with the board.
    Have you tried using USB flashback to Flash Your BIOS to either the newest one or backwards if you have the newest one.
    Please reach out to me Via email. for more details. You can reach me at cl-adrian@asus.com.

ROG Member Array

Have you tried using USB flashback to Flash Your BIOS to either the newest one or backwards if you have the newest one.
    Please reach out to me Via email. for more details. You can reach me at cl-adrian@asus.com.
    Thanks Adrian,
    I sent you an email.

ROG Member Array

An update on this:

Adrian helped me get a replacement again. I cannot thank him enough! He's the only person at ASUS who truly cares.

Thanks again for your help Adrian!

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Mag I am very pleased you are sorted. There are many good folk like Adrian at ASUS. But yeah he rocks big time.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2