cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551JW - power issues

fazzi
Level 7
Hi,

I am recently encountering issues with power supply of my notebook. It looks like a battery charging problem, the taskbar notification says "plugged in, charging" but the battery is not actually charging, it's currently stuck at 18% and I didn't discharge it more. The problem seems a bit more complex though. When it's connected to AC with battery in, after plugging out AC from the notebook it correctly recognizes that it works with battery. After plugging the AC back to the notebook it does not recognize that it should use AC power (it thinks that it's still using battery only). To make it work back with AC again I have to turn off the notebook, plug out the AC from the socket (plugging it out from the notebook is not enough), take off the battery, plug in the AC to socket and notebook and only then I can turn it on with AC power... After plugging AC in I can put the battery back in, the led notification shows that it should be charging but it's not as I said earlier. Any ideas what's wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

StarJack
Level 11
Power off the laptop. Power it back on and when the ROG logo appears hold the power button in for 10 seconds. It should shut down again after a few seconds of holding the power button in. Now power back up normally and check your battery remaining in Windows.

See if this helps.

StarJack

StarJack wrote:
Power off the laptop. Power it back on and when the ROG logo appears hold the power button in for 10 seconds. It should shut down again after a few seconds of holding the power button in. Now power back up normally and check your battery remaining in Windows.

See if this helps.

StarJack

I already saw that suggestion somewhere, tried again just in case, no help 😞 Is there a chance that it's some motherboard issue? Specifically something related to charging circuit?

fazzi wrote:
I already saw that suggestion somewhere, tried again just in case, no help 😞 Is there a chance that it's some motherboard issue? Specifically something related to charging circuit?

Yea, I might look at a possible RMA if I were you.

StarJack